Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is why I love ebay

Nick Charles

Practically Family
1770.jpg

100% Harris Tweed wool construction; satin lining with pick-stitched edges.
Three-button front; three pockets outside, four inside.
Canvas interlining, shoulder pads and sleeve heads

1769.jpg

substaiatialy less than retail

both Peterman

Jay

Practically Family
That vest is really neat. I've never seen that style before. Does it have a name?
I think I want one...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ah, so you got the 46, I got the 48 they had as well (but I wouldn't say I was round, 46 & 48 are the only sizes that fit around the chest & shoulders);) :p . I was the only bidder on mine, how about you? I take it that their tweed jackets are quite nice, but I really liked the price.:)
What I have had a real hard time finding is a good standard Harris Tweed vest. The Irish vest you got is nice but I would like the shorter model that looks like a suit vest. The only place that I have found on the net that has a large variety of these vests, that would perfectly match this blazer, is a Japanese site that sells Traditional Messenger Harris Tweed vests. And the whole site is in kanji, not a lick of english to be had.:rolleyes: And prices are, I believe, in Yen.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/fukusumi/595307/579371/

Anyway, congratulations on yours!:eusa_clap We'll have to post some pictures once our blazers show up.:) Nice catch on both!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Rooster

Practically Family
Nick Charles said:
you guys are killing me:eusa_doh: The jacket is a 46R and the vest is a 46 also.

I'm a Lou Costello not a Bud Abbott---Round not Thin
Well, I need to read the text closer next time!:eusa_doh:

Nick Charles

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
Ah, so you got the 46, I got the 48 they had as well (but I wouldn't say I was round, 46 & 48 are the only sizes that fit around the chest & shoulders);) :p . I was the only bidder on mine, how about you? I take it that their tweed jackets are quite nice, but I really liked the price.:)
What I have had a real hard time finding is a good standard Harris Tweed vest.
Cheers!

Dan

The vest I didn;t really plan on wearing with the jacket. I have broad shoulders also but I'm not really thin(probably not round either) I was the only bidder, thankfully, The vest I just used the bin option because it wasn't the same one theyhad in the catalog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace