Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This one is for you dad!

Chinaski

One Too Many
As your Dad is an FL'er, and therefore obviously enamored of hats, how great would it be to have a hat of quality made by your son?

Nice work, nice gesture, and Happy Birthday to your father. May he wear that lid in the best of health and happiness.

Marc

Vendor
Thanks again guys! HIGHLY appreciated:)

Why do you call it "Eckart" though?

That's my father's first name, so that's why;)

I will say that it appears as if the side dent on the left side of the hat extends much farther back than on the right side. Hey, just keeping it real.

Yeah... I didn't see that a part of the one side dent had popped out before I took the pictures.

Neat crease too! Did you steam that over a form?

No, the felt is so soft, it takes any crease with easy. I never use any steam for shaping a hat.

Regards,

Marc

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Marc - your Dad must be 'so' proud of you.

I can just imagine the pride in his voice when people stop him and comment on this hat, and he can proudly say, "Well... 'my son' made that!" What a beautiful gesture Marc and the love, pride and care that you have for your father is embodied in the artistry and soul that you have poured into this very special creation of yours. ;)

You're a very gifted man, sir. But we all know that here on TFL :eusa_clap

Erik

One of the Regulars
Love that "deer hoof" crease. I imagine that it is something you could successfully market to the sporting crowd.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, what a gorgeous fedora. The colors, the crease, the ribbon, the liner all are superb. Your father is a man of great fortune to wear such a hat. Very, very nice.

Marc

Vendor
Hey guys,

thought I'd share a quick shot from my father wearing his new lid:

EK1.jpg

Regards,

Marc

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
FANTASTIC! The color, the ribbon, the bash, the proportions, everything! Fantastic! All together in perfect and seamless harmony. Congrats; great work!

flute

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran