Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This week's classic soft drink: Sinalco

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Sinalco is a brand of non-alcoholic drinks founded in 1902, with sales in more than 40 countries.

In 1902, German scientist Friedrich Eduard Bilz invented "Bilz Brause", a sherbet powder, and started to sell it in partnership with industrialist Franz Hartmann. As imitations started to appear, they held a prize competition for a brand name, and chose "Sinalco" (an abbreviation of the Latin sine alcohole, "without alcohol"). As one of the first beverage brands, Sinalco came to be exported worldwide, particularly to South America and the Middle East. The red circle trademark was registered in 1937. A distinctively-shaped bottle was launched in the 1950s, and updated at the end of the century. Sinalco is the oldest soft drink brand in Europe.

116857_sin2.jpg

Anyone have a memory, like or dislike connected to one of or both these two classic soft drinks I would love to hear it. You could either post it as a an answer to this thread, mail me or post it as a reply to to the soft drink posts on my blog - Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner