Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Aero Premier Highwayman sizing?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If you look on Aero's Sale Page, you will see a size 42 Board Racer listed with Pit to Pit: 22.5" and Shoulder: 17.5" AND a size 42 Premier 1930's Half Belt with Pit to Pit: 23" and Shoulder: 17.75". The Back and Sleeve measurements of each should be disregarded as those figures are adjusted to customers' specifications whereas the Pit to Pit and Shoulder measurements should conform to the established pattern of each one. Taking into account 0.5" variation when a jacket is made from a specific pattern, the data would strongly suggest the two patterns would be very similar. The factor I was unable to take into consideration is the waist measurement of each since waist measurements were not listed.

As I said earlier, the only information that is probably of any use to the op is that provided by Denny and/or Holly. The rest of us here are just speculating, including me. I have never tried on a Board Racer; the size 42 Premier Highwayman that I tried on awhile back was very tight and restrictive in the chest and shoulders to the extent I would have to size up to at least a size 44 Premier Highwayman.

The tight fit in the chest and shoulders, and the high arm holes of the Board Racer and Premier line is not for everyone. My personal experience is that size 42 1930's Half Belt patterns and Cafe Racer (and Sheene) patterns with 2" added to the circumference of the waist work best for my anatomic proportions. It took me a very long time with a great deal of trial and error, mostly error, to finally arrive at what fits me and how I like it to fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles