Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on these shoes?

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
BruceTracy said:
Mens-Apex-Ambulator-Boat-Shoes-Brown-Leather.jpg

They look just fine. Perfectly normal, casual modern shoe. Nothing fancy but I suppose you want special comfort for some reason.

Edit: With a suit, or chinos and a blazer jacket, I'd pick these as well, they're the most classic i.m.h.o. The other look like dressed up trainers or something.

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
Mysterious Mose said:
Mens-Apex-Ambulator-Boat-Shoes-Brown-Leather.jpg

They look just fine. Perfectly normal, casual modern shoe. Nothing fancy but I suppose you want special comfort for some reason.
How did you get that particular picture of them?

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
Geesie's got a point, they're nice.

I googled their name "Apex (blabla) shoes" and pics came up, the website you linked had a hard time downloading here.;)

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
Mysterious Mose said:
Edit: With a suit, or chinos and a blazer jacket, I'd pick these as well, they're the most classic i.m.h.o. The other look like dressed up trainers or something.
That's the reason why I singled out this particular model in the first place.

theinterchange

One Too Many
I couldn't pull off the Rockport look, but know several people who can/do, I meant that it's an "aquired" look. On some, they look senior citizenish, others not.

Randy

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
They're a lot more clunky than sleek and dapper. If I had to dress my man in something like that, I'd most certainly opt for the ones in Geesie's link.

The problem for many is that orthopedic shoes or those for comfort for cronic foot pain points almost exclusively to bizarre, clunky or industrial designs and sometimes even an admixture of all three that are diametrically opposed to anything stylish.

One pair posted by another Lounger showed a shoe that is very near what my dad would describe as a Navy Oxford and that could be worn with an ordinary suit and work well. http://www.healthyshoestore.com/comfortrite-mens-shoe-stanford.html

(I hate shoes that have a raised seam going up the center of the foot from toes towards ankle, hideous, it reminds me of some type of horrific midieval surgery scar!)

YIKES!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy