Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's the perfect answer to the question, "If you could only have one jacket, what would it be?"--the Aero Buco Board Racer in Black Vicenza Horsehide! This custom jacket is on its way to its new home in Pennsylvania...

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Buco Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide FE7 cotton sateen lining.jpg
Aero Buco Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide FE7 front.jpg
Aero Buco Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide FE7 tag.jpg
Aero Buco Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide FE7 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Buco Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide FE7 back.jpg
Aero Buco Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide FE7 shoulder grain.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
With 90+ Aero styles to choose from, there are a number of jackets that can fall off the radar--the incredible Aero Mariner is one that we don't see very often! This custom size 50 Mariner is made in Vicenza Horsehide, which is an ideal leather weight for overcoat styles like the Mariner and the Veste de Rallye. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to start your custom winter jacket order!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Mariner Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide size 50 cotton drill lining.jpg
Aero Mariner Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide size 50 front.jpg
Aero Mariner Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide size 50 tag.jpg
Aero Mariner Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide size 50 cuff.jpg
Aero Mariner Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide size 50 pockets.jpg
Aero Mariner Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide size 50 back.jpg

Doublegun

Practically Family
I'm the proud owner of this Mariner and the photos just don't do it justice. The leather is rich with a deep dark brown color but the grain adds depth and color. Check out the stitching: the olive is just a little more color and contrasts nicely. As for the weight, it's heavy but not stiff like my FQHH LHB, and slides on/off easily. Now the wait begins for cooler weather. Also, working with Carrie was a no-brainer. I worked directly with Aero for my first two jackets - no problems but I was anxious about getting the fit right and for the most part things came out ok. However, Carrie is much more detailed and really knows what to ask. I even sent her my LHB so she could confirm measurements and extrapolate to the Mariner. Very good experience - she's great to work with.

Cheers,

JDG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Wow, lots of leather jacket eye candy from Carrie. OOOO, what should I buy next. Oh yeah, I still haven't worn my new HBD.
Blue Vicenza, who woulda thunk. Pretty unique.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Here's the perfect answer to the question, "If you could only have one jacket, what would it be?"--the Aero Buco Board Racer in Black Vicenza Horsehide! This custom jacket is on its way to its new home in Pennsylvania...

www.thurston-bros.com

View attachment 85630 View attachment 85631 View attachment 85632 View attachment 85633 View attachment 85634 View attachment 85635
Hey Carrie
What is the lightest leather you do this in? Since I bought my winter jacket in the Summer, maybe I'll buy my summer jacket in the winter. :)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hey Carrie
What is the lightest leather you do this in? Since I bought my winter jacket in the Summer, maybe I'll buy my summer jacket in the winter. :)

The most popular leather for the Aero Buco Board Racer is the Vicenza Horsehide. However, you can get a slightly lighter weight jacket by choosing goatskin, the Battered Brown Steerhide or the lightweight horsehide!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Stunning custom Aero Seven in Natural Vicenza Horsehide! The Natural Vicenza is an amazing hide that will develop dramatically with wear and exposure to sunlight!

www.thurston-bros.com

View attachment 86790 View attachment 86793 View attachment 86794 View attachment 86796 View attachment 86797 View attachment 86798

This natural Vicenza Horsehide is absolutely stunning. I would love to see some before and after pics, once this ages with wear and, sun, and the elements.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This natural Vicenza Horsehide is absolutely stunning. I would love to see some before and after pics, once this ages with wear and, sun, and the elements.

We have a number of Natural Vicenza jackets out in the wild right now and we expect to see some patina photos coming through in the course of the coming year. The Natural Vicenza is still a relatively new color offering and it can take some time to get the worn-in jacket photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy