Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tips on how to remove this stain??

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Well, I've got this suit here...It's very nice...The weave is just something else...It's a Dunhill so the quality is quite good too...There's two issues with the suit though. It has two holes in one leg of the pants and there's nothing I can really do about that...However, there's a stain on the front of the jacket and I'm wondering what to do to remove the stain...I'm planning on selling the suit so I can't be spending too much on it...Perhaps I should just sell it as is??

DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2099.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
slicedbread said:
Well, I've got this suit here...It's very nice...The weave is just something else...It's a Dunhill so the quality is quite good too...There's two issues with the suit though. It has two holes in one leg of the pants and there's nothing I can really do about that...However, there's a stain on the front of the jacket and I'm wondering what to do to remove the stain...I'm planning on selling the suit so I can't be spending too much on it...Perhaps I should just sell it as is??

DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2099.jpg

Can you set it from a Jumbo Jet? That's my take. I could not see it immediately in the photo so it must be fairly faint. Some holes (if hidden away) I just fill with an appropriate colour thread so as to stop further fraying.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
cookie said:
Can you set it from a Jumbo Jet? That's my take. I could not see it immediately in the photo so it must be fairly faint. Some holes (if hidden away) I just fill with an appropriate colour thread so as to stop further fraying.

Yes, it's fairly faint, but I'd rather try to get rid of it...

Also, thanks for the tip on the tide pens...I'll try them out today!

slicedbread

A-List Customer
ok, so after the first treatment the stains have faded almost to the point of being gone! I think if i do it again then the stains will completely vanish...Thank you very much for the tip and expect to see the suit up for sale shortly...

DSCF2104.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters