Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To all Indy hat wearers! ...

cooncatbob

Practically Family
woodsie said:
I'm new in town, and don't wish to create a blogosphere riot, but isn't going to an Indiana jones flic in a like minded lid a little like going to a Patriots football game with your face painted red, white and blue? [huh] And you veterans here will have to educate me as to the wonder of all things Indiana Jones. I don't get it. If it were Godfather IV, or Goodfellas Redux, I'd queue up.

Indiana Jones is suppose to be a throw back to the adventure serials of the 30s and 40s. The tales of Indiana Jones are straight from classic heroic literature as old or older then the written word, Homer's Odysseus, Moses from the Bible.
Reluctant heroes who stand up to oppression and defend the weak. Whats not to love.
Also Indiana Jones put a American spin on the classic Hero. :eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
I wear a hat every day.
I also wear a hat when I go to see a film, I take said hat off when I should.
Now, will I wear a hat when I see the newest Indy film...of course.
It may be my Stratoliner, it may be my TVA but then again I may wear my Adventurebilt.
If I was worried about some clown making an Indy comment, I dont think I would be wearing fedoras in the first place.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I always wear my fedora's when I go to the movies anyway. All our theaters here have the stepped seats so if a guy wanted to you could keep the hat on and not obscure the view. I always take my off anyway though. But I'm not ashamed to wear my Indy fedora to the movie. As has already been brought out, no matter what color or style of fedora you wear, you'll get the Indy comments anyway, so why not at least have one that REALLY IS an Indy fedora. If I don't get my Adventurebilt in time, I still have an Optimo that Steve reblocked for me that is already a close ringer for the Indy 4 fedora.

fedoralover

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
Not that I am a male hat wearer as was asked in the question....BUT

wearing a hat to a crowded movie theatre seems a bit odd to me....you all sit there with them on your laps the whole movie? otherwise people will have issues seeing....and the floor is too icky to stick a nice hat down on it.....sold out shows have no seats to use instead..

...nodding in agreement....

indycop

I'll Lock Up
FL Ambassadors

What if we look at it a different way? Suppose you do wear your hats to the movie and people see indy's, then your nice hat (indy or other type). (moviegoer)Hey where did you get that hat? That looks just right, not like those hats they sell at disney world. (Fl member) I got it from (insert hatter here) they are a great hatter.... It doesn't have to be an indy either, They may see someone in their Art Fawcett design and say I don't want to look like indy but I would definitely wear that hat!.
And all of the sudden more folks are wearing nice hats.

If the first movie way back in pre-net 80's launched a rebirth of hat wearers then in this age of click and find it could be even bigger, Fedoras everywhere. I suspect that people who may think the hat is cool but don't want to look just like indy may see some sharp looking lounge member in their vintage ----- or new ----- and go looking for that .

I started out looking for an indy and bought my peters bros. Then found my way here and now want other (classic) styles as well as better looking clothing. I also suspect the lounge membership will rise too!

Would it be so bad if the ballcap masses were replaced with the brown fedora?:D

P.S. sorry for the early morning ramblings of a madman! Not really awake and dreading going out to do yardwork.:eek: :rolleyes:

deelovely

Practically Family
indycop said:
P.S. sorry for the early morning ramblings of a madman! Not really awake and dreading going out to do yardwork.:eek: :rolleyes:
It is a BEAUTIFUL day outside, you will thrive in the crisp fresh air! GET OUT THERE!:p :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav