Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Toffee" Optimo Signature Line

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Computers and monitors greatly effect the color of photographs....but I LOVE the color I am seeing in Fedoras hat. That brown looks sweet!

How much was that Optimo Zohar? Is Graham charging more for this process?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Originally posted by MK
Computers and monitors greatly effect the color of photographs..

* I AGREE *

..but I LOVE the color I am seeing in Fedoras hat. That brown looks sweet!

* Does it look like my vintage Mac Laughlan Silver Beaver I showed you at Arts? The buttery soft one with the rich coco color? *

Fedora

Vendor
Graham told me to treat it like hell, to see how the preblocking in conjunction with the beaver felt will hold up.

I am really, really interested in this. If it works, we need to send spies up to see exactly what it is. Keep us posted. regards, Fedora

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Originally posted by Fedora
I am really, really interested in this. If it works, we need to send spies up to see exactly what it is. Keep us posted. regards, Fedora

I am probably going up there on February 4-6. I'll try to find out what it is.

Originally posted by MK
Computers and monitors greatly effect the color of photographs....but I LOVE the color I am seeing in Fedoras hat. That brown looks sweet!

How much was that Optimo Zohar? Is Graham charging more for this process?

This felt is $600, and I don't think the preblocking costs any more. It's really dependent on whether he has the block you want made for the preblocker yet. Apparently he had to spend a bunch of money on new blocks to work with the preblocker. He has mostly low crowned blocks that work with it right now, but he just got in one high crowned block in my size (7 5/8), and decided to use that on it.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
$600!!!:eek:

Geeees! I thought $400+ was rich for my blood.

Optimo makes the best of new hats......but as long as I can find great vintage hats, I can't see myself dishing out that kind of money.

I will say that your new hat looks marvelous though. I truely beautiful lid. I look forward to hearing more about this "preblocking" and how it holds up.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Nathan,
What i have learned is you really can't tell the Quality of a Felt hat from pictures.
You gotta have the hat in hand to truly judge the hat.

I have ordered several hats from pictures and they looked good.

Most were sent back as they were junk!

So a picture isn't worth a thousand words.

I've learned who to buy from and whom not to buy from.
I know i enjoy all my Optimo's.

Thanks for the new pictures.
:D

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
MK-

Yes, it's a steep price to pay for his signature line felt. However, if Graham has the block shape you want, you can get a blend preblocked as well, and I don't think it costs extra.

Roger-

I agree wholeheartedly with you. We need to see more of your hats... I hear you are amassing quite the collection :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn