Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too soon for straw?

1OldGI

Familiar Face
Sure, go for it. It's a southern thing, the weather doesn't always match the calendar. It's peeking into mid/high 80's here with matching humidity. And I don't know if I can speak for the entire Florida contingent but I for one am about two weeks into straw hat season even as we speak.

Neil

A-List Customer
Nope

Afraid I have to disagree. Too early. Better toward late spring, and absolutely not after Labor Day.

GWD

One Too Many
It's 80 degrees here in Southern California, I'm wearing my straws! If it's 60 degrees in August I'm wearing a felt. I don't need a calendar to tell me when it's appropriate to wear a certain type of hat. That's just silly.

Current weather conditions should dictate your wardrobe not solstices.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:
It's 80 degrees here in Southern California, I'm wearing my straws! If it's 60 degrees in August I'm wearing a felt. I don't need a calendar to tell me when it's appropriate to wear a certain type of hat. That's just silly.

Current weather conditions should dictate your wardrobe not solstices.
Amen

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Might snow this weekend in Seattle. Go figure.

If you wear a straw before the first day of Spring....well, you know what they say about people like that.

:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo