Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traction for Shanks' Pony

Renault

One Too Many
Well it appears to me you have done your homework. In my meagre experience in these matters I have found that 90% of such projects is the "want" to do it! With about the same sucess rate! So with those odds I say you can and will be successful in this endeavor!

I will admit until the late family circumstances occurred, youngest son and I were planning several short vintage era trips on the continental divide trail in the American Rockies. Currently it's on the back burner.

Good luck!
R

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Rubber heels were available since the 1880s and men were resoling their boots with old car tire treads by WW1.

Sunglasses or "blue goggles" date to the mid 1800s or earlier although I don't know if a WW1 recruit would have had them.

You seem to be re enacting a march by recruits before they joined the military, but wearing the uniform they would have been issued after joining?

I think I would be looking round for a 1914 bicycle or vintage train ticket ha ha.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy