Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traditional Peaked Caps

Bertie.Wooster

One of the Regulars
I hope to create this thread for a 'new' side of collecting hats.

Traditional peaked caps are my new interest of hat collecting. It is quite cheaper than other hats and rises many nostalgic and truly fond memories of the 'schooldays' of many British and common-wealth country citizens. Mostly people from throughout the 1920s~1960s. It has been a very interesting journey for me as I have interviewed friends and relations of the 'known' owners of these school peaked caps which rose many fond memories. There are a few types of peaked caps. There is a school type one, a cricket club, a rugby presentational tassle cap and some club caps.

My collection is growing and I hope to create a big archive of these interesting uniform textile.
It would be great to have some members of this forum to join in as they are considerably cheaper and quite fun to collect.

Some British members of this forum may have attended a prep school or a grammar that had these as a regulation uniform item in the lower forms.

(This thread, I will update frequently as possible when I get a new peaked cap!)

Please do visit my online museum which has a photo and a detailed description of each hat in the collection.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151433546@N06/albums/with/72157681897579973

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21