Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tragic news in the vintage collector world

pigeon toe

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
In fairness, they said her cancer had reached the final stage, and she had very little time left. I've been through this, and there is a point where your time is clearly up. But that still doesn't excuse their actions.

I think it's totally reasonable for someone with a terminal illness to take their own life if they are in pain. However, to take the life of your daughter as well? That's completely wrong.

A very sad tale, all too common (murder suicide). A very complex issue, this one, which forms a vast portion of my everyday thought . . . see [abridged*] signature.

bk

*Full text from 'An Absurd Reasoning' by Albert Camus.

There is but one truly philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest--whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories--comes afterwards.

Blondie

Practically Family
You cannot judge someone until you have walked in their shoes.
You do not know why they made their decision. It doubt it was made lightly, i don't believe what they did was right, but obviously they thought it was right for them and their daughter.
I think it is so easy to say "how could they ? ", but really unless you were close to them and you knew what was going on then you cannot even try to understand.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
The first thing I thought when I read this story the other day was how selfesh. When I look at my daughter and think about this, it's impossible for me to imagine any circumstance that would make it possible to take her life.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
No matter the circumstances, no matter what they were going through, this can hardly be viewed as a carefully considered choice that was right for them at the time. The child was murdered. Unforgivable, unimaginable, unpardonable. Horror through and through.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Grindles Vintage

I've bought a number of things over time from the Kuca's. I'm really shocked! He posted pics of his Wife & Daughter @ their Ebay web site. They did mention his Wife's cancer & selling some of his personal vintage collection.

Solid Citizen :(

PS Think deanglen has the right idea!

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
This is horrible....but, I can't believe they used a hearse to do it. That makes the whole thing more...disturbing. (and this is from a former hearse owner who sees nothing creepy about hearses).

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
OH MY GOD! I've bought a 2 things from that Grindlesvintage. I even checked her in my ebay favourites not long ago and I noticed there wasn't anything listed. I thought that was really odd. I didn't think much of it. Oh this is so tragic. News you don't want to hear. I used to see their family pictures on their website, they looked so happy. :(
They obviously couldn't live without each other. Imagine what must have been going through their minds to do this. They chose not to deal with it? I don't know! The little girl's life taken away so young..very upsetting.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I feel sorry for everyone involved and I can't imaging being misdiagnosed and then told that you are dying and there nothing anyone can do. That being said, I also believe that children are resilient and full of potential. They should not have done that to their daughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes