Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Treasure of the Templars - CA footage online

Ken

A-List Customer
Finally... after all this time we have a copy of the California footage as an avi file that we can show online. I sent the file to Aaron Gantt (Indygear's Cooler King) the Templars webmaster today so as soon as he gets the time the main page will be updated and the footage online. Unfortuantly this is just a preview really so the quality is not full screen DVD, but hopefully we should have something like that up in the not too distant future.

I hope you enjoy it and you will be able to see the ahrd work that was put into it by so many people, especially Indygear's Jonathan Lawrence (TE Lawrence) and Paul Denton (RC Halliburton) who makes appearances in the film as well as all their behind camera work as well.

And just for fun, lets see if you can guess the gear (obviously the quality isnt superb for this but hey how did you manage before the trilogy DVDs came out;)).

www.treasureofthetemplars.com

california_production_photo_23.jpg

Jonathan Lawrence directing a shot

california_production_photo_7.jpg

Paul Denton - propmaster

Ken

Merlin

Familiar Face
Pretty impressive, I gotta say. Great production design, good stunt work, good camera work, and even a convincing special effect at the end. I think Alan Silvestri would even be proud hearing his music given a new lease on life, even if it is only a temp track. I'm assuming that, since Indy's rather younger than in his Harry Ford iteration, that it takes place some time in the twenties? Come to think of it, that's what the movie needed; each one of the IJ films begins by telling you where and when it's taking place (South America, 1936 or Shanghai, 1935). You guys need a title card. My one concern (and please don't take this as derisive, because I think this is probably the highest quality fan film I've ever seen) is that Indy sounds. . . well. . . Scottish. A deliberate decision, to make him sound more like his old man? Just curious.

All in all, a commendable effort. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Ken

A-List Customer
Thanks for your kind words on the film. Actually its not Scottish, its (Northern) Irish - my native accent which I can't get rid of (no matter how hard I try). But dont worry we have plans to get around it and have Indy speaking away in his good ol' Amercan accent! :)

Glad you enjoyed it so far - will be finishing the rest in Scotland (yes I live in Scotland, though I am from Ireland though we shot this in California - very confusing) this June.

Ken

Merlin

Familiar Face
Oh, and one more question; are you guys planning on having someone write a score for the film? I'm sure there are numerous copyright issues surrounding the use of Williams' music. While you wouldn't be using it for "commercial purposes" (in that I assume you won't make a single cent off of the film), you might land in hot water under the "public performance or exhibition" restriction. And it just wouldn't be Indy Jones without that famous 16-note theme! Just wanted to find out what the plan was there. . .
Thanks!

Ken

A-List Customer
Well I think we are already in the land of copyright issues just by making an Indy film so using the music or not doesn't really matter.

Ken

shamus

Suspended
I just saw your short. nice job.

I was surprised the canon did that well of a job. But I haven't seen it full rez and on a big screen yet....

Ken

A-List Customer
shamus said:
I just saw your short. nice job.

I was surprised the canon did that well of a job. But I haven't seen it full rez and on a big screen yet....

Looks much better on a proper screen. Come to the Queen Mary gathering and you'll see ;)

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24