Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Blood

Edward

Bartender
Having read, and very much enjoyed, the first two Sookie Stackhouse / True Blood books, I have been interested in the TV series, now available to me for the first time on UK non-subscription television. Inevitably, it being an HBO show, they seem to feel a tedious need to shoe horn in quite a bit of sex and nudity, though at least it never feels like it is dwelling on it to an excessive degree (when will television programme makers learn that if we wanted to see breasts and sex we could simply find it on the internet, for free? Come on, do something entertaining for goodness' sake!). That aside, though, it's a great yarn. I'm enjoying watching vampires that are a bit more morally ambiguous than the pretty boys / evil ones of Twilight. Also hoping that at some future point we'll see some flahsbacks to Bill's experiences in the CSA.... The rise in genre fiction television programmes of late has been nice to see; I now hope for some which would bring these into a period setting. Some dieselpunk stuff, you know? I would love to watch a show looking at vampire involvement in WW2, for instance....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner