Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying to Find Full Length Car Coat

SPAMGHOD

New in Town
It's been a while since I posted here, recently came back from 2 years in Saudi Arabia. Not much need for heavy coats there. Anyway, a couple years back, I was looking at a 3/4 (?) length shearling car coat and damned if I can remember the name of the company. Not Aero, some other company that people here link to on a regular basis. Can someone help me jog my memory?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm.... If it's not Aero, then either "Lost Worlds" I KNOW they do a car coat. Schott does some, Vanson does one as well. Johnson Leathers does one as well. That should be enough names to help.

Worf

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Aero did make a typical 1960s-70s car coat but if that is not for you they were very popular in the UK worn by car drivers(our heaters were never that good in the 1960s) and football commentators during the winter months. Anyone remember John Motson?
Used ones come up frequently here in the UK in charity shops and boot sales.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
What's the consensus on Cirrus jackets round here. Never hear em mentioned.

Worf
I think they were one of the early players in the replica A2 and sheerling market. The company advertised a lot in the classic car and aviation magazines in the UK at least. Quite well made but short on historically accurate details though they did use some tough hides including Front quarter horse.
I have only seen a few come up in the 25 plus years they have been in business but never owned one so i cannot comment on that.
J

B-24J

One of the Regulars
It's been a while since I posted here, recently came back from 2 years in Saudi Arabia. Not much need for heavy coats there. Anyway, a couple years back, I was looking at a 3/4 (?) length shearling car coat and damned if I can remember the name of the company. Not Aero, some other company that people here link to on a regular basis. Can someone help me jog my memory?

While not in shearling, Eastman has the Brooklands http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_info.php?products_id=251

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran