Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turn a cheap Homburg into a Seth Bullock [ Deadwood ] hat

ukali1066

Practically Family
I picked up this new 100% felt brown Homburg on Ebay for 20 quid, I rebashed it as close as I could get to Seth Bullocks hat in the Deadwood series....you give it a good soaking with hot water then flatten the brim out while still keeping the curl, put in two side dents and keep shaping it on your head until you're happy....Let dry

Best to buy a size up than usual as the hot water can shrink the hat slightly

You could even dye it black before you wet and shape it, this should leave you with a black hat and brown ribbon and edge binding....

Nice alternative to the expensive repro's in these cash strapped times :)

homburg.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"...I'll tell you what. I may have &^%@ my life up flatter than hammered $^+, but I stand here before you today beholden to no human ¢^%$*¢)^$r. And workin' a payin' *&^$%' gold claim. And not the U.S. government sayin' I'm trespassin' or the savage *&^$%' red man himself or any of these limber ^%¢$%^ ¢^¢(%^$ passin' themselves off as prospectors had better try and stop me!"

-And I'm tellin' you, that is one good lookin' hat. You really nailed it, Montana!

Edward

Bartender
Nicely done; suits you. Were I to go for a Western style hat, I think this is what I'd be aiming for. I'm a big fan of the homberg too, myself. Still looking for a brown one. They're a rare beast as opposed to black and grey, I suppose because by the Thirties it came to be thought of as a very formal hat, so inevitably black and grey were the dominant colours. That's the impression I have, anyhow. Next step would be the Twenties style tweed suit....

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked up this new 100% felt brown Homburg on Ebay for 20 quid, I rebashed it as close as I could get to Seth Bullocks hat in the Deadwood series....you give it a good soaking with hot water then flatten the brim out while still keeping the curl, put in two side dents and keep shaping it on your head until you're happy....Let dry

Best to buy a size up than usual as the hot water can shrink the hat slightly

You could even dye it black before you wet and shape it, this should leave you with a black hat and brown ribbon and edge binding....

Nice alternative to the expensive repro's in these cash strapped times :)

homburg.jpg

I looks cool, whatever you did.

DRB

One Too Many
You look almost identical. To the Sheriff (Seth). I watched the whole series. EVERYONE had a hat. Wonderful series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany