Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turner Classic Movies

Feraud

Bartender
Showed 'Parenthood' last night at approx. 10:00 p.m. I think this film was made in 1989. Not very classic I might add. I hope TCM is not going the way of AMC. I can do without the commercials.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Wait, you saw the 'Parenthood' on TCM? No... they can't... that would be an abomination to all that TCM stands for! Classic is any thing older then the 60's in my opinion.

Root.

Feraud

Bartender
Yes it was on TCM. I was so upset I did not watch it. I was too angry and confused. The film is not even 20 years old yet!

Let us hope this is not a trend w/TCM.

Williamson

New in Town
Looks like they might be trying to redeem their programming selection. They are showing this strange black and white movie that undoubtedly some of you hear have heard of...."Casablanca". See you at Ricks. This round is on me. Regards,Williamson.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes it was on TCM. I was so upset I did not watch it. I was too angry and confused. T

Yeah, I would have had them on the phone and telling them a thing or two!

The nerve of those guys!

Root.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Here Root, another talking scene... what did he say in this one?

8-vi.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I thought it was a good movie

Rumpled Fedora said:
Ugh! Yesterday TCM showed the 1997 movie, LA Confidential, as a part of their 31 days of Oscars. Good thing it was on in the middle of the night... :kick:

I liked "LA Confidential". It was a "modern" film Noir. Story, action, and scenery was super.

What didn't you like about it?

Wild Root

Gone Home
L.A. Confidential is a good film. But, I feel it shouldn't be a film that TCM should air. The turm classic to me says that it's pre 1970's.

I know that TCM tends to show some films that are rather current some times but, to me it's still a great station which I hope to be getting soon. It's one of the last commercial free stations on the Dish or Cable for that matter.

Root.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
TCM Programimg

Come on guys once a year they deviate from the plan and during 31 days of Oscar they try to show almost everyting that won an oscar, even the cartoons and short subjects. I think we can cut them a little slack. If they start showing that stuff all the time and commercials you can :kick: all kick my butt. This maybe theonly chance for some of us to see tings we wouldn't normally watch or buy. I saw a short about a lady who need to make dinner for a party and some one can over and using things from her kitchen maid a meal and desert for $3.40 it was early or mid fifties. But it was kind of cool. Sorry to go on and on. blah blah blah.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Forgive the double post, but I figured folks might like to have the following info:

TCM's paying tribute to the Hal Roach Studios this month, and starting tomorrow evening at 8pm, that tribute takes the form of 24 hours straight of Our Gang comedies.

Just how much cute can you take?

At 3:15 a.m., they're sneaking in a musical short called GEMS OF M-G-M (1932) that seems to have no connection to the Gang. But otherwise, it's 24 hours straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails