Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turns out I was vintage before vintage was cool

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
My aunt gave my sister a big stack of photographs of my siblings and I that belonged to my late grandparents, and Sis sent me a bunch of shots of myself.

This one dates to probably 1973, an era during which, as many of you will recall, many of the clothes had a vintage influence, and suggests that I was (briefly) into the 1930s/'40s look even back then (that's me, second from the right). The cap-toed spectators; the baggy, cuffed trousers; the argyle sweater vest.

The giant bow tie and the white belt I cannot defend, but the rest of it ain't bad.

576643_10151803129765647_847945646_25114213_572521682_n.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You were a visionary Skyvue!
My cousin just posted a picture of me on her Facebook from when I was about 17 (I will not post here). Huge mop of Heavy Metal hair and purple aviator glasses....ugh. If I had a time machine I'd go back just to slap the $#%! outta that kid!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
No one can ever ridicule the 1970s, this was the era when I was a teenager and had hair just like the lad on the far right, probably longer. I was a dead ringer for Noddy Holder(English Glam Rock God)
The decade that style forgot! Naff Off, these were great days and the only people who run down the 70s lived their teenage lives in a different era.
I was a Ted by the way so it's DEATH to Punks haha

BangerZephyr.jpg

In the next picture I had ditched the Kentucky fried Ted look and the pink socks for a more realistic[sic] look:eusa_clap Oh! and guess who won the Juke.

NHRA5.jpg

Long Live the 1970s HOOray...........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick