Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tv Characters with the best suits currently on tv

CharlesB

Suspended
I gotta go with Denny Crane on Boston Legal
clickercrane.jpg

and Barney Stinson on how i met your mother

artoff6.jpg

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Indeed, I was reminded of the 'business drone' thread I started last year.

The accessories and shirt on Shatner are a little daring, but other than that, they're just plain black suits with not much to them. Harris' ensemble almost seems to be pointed at being generic with the gray shirt and understated tie, which might be in keeping with the character...I wouldn't know as I haven't a TV, either.

CharlesB

Suspended
swingtimegal said:
I agree with you, CharlesB, I love Barney's character. I think he looks fabulous!

0000035100_20061021055012.jpg
When me and my bestfriend first saw that show, we were in his living room and I was wearing a suit identical to barney and I said to my friend "hey mind if i grab a gin n tonic," So I go over to make a gin n tonic and some girl from the bar the night before calls so im sweet talking on speaker phone and making a cocktail. Barney on the show then ends up ordering a gin n tonic and sweet talking some girl not more than 5 minutes after me. My friend looked over and goes 'jesus that was creepy, are you him or is he you?"

Jovan

Suspended
lol

Gotta agree with this... his character even wears a navy three piece (or black, hard to tell with the lighting) in the pilot episode! He also seems to like getting straight razor shaves at a barber shop, espouses the finer points of tailoring, and wears suits on a regular basis. I thus have to wonder why more Loungers don't like this show. [huh]

EDIT: I just realized that the character of Barney is probably the closest thing we have to our little subculture in the mainstream media.

Warden

One Too Many
although I am not a big fan of him, I think Jonny Ross wears a suit well

bwballjross1.jpg

Harry

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Visconde said:
I like Christian Troy in nip/tuck

niptuck.jpg

I think Julian is gorgeous... but other than my lusting over this man, I think this look; blazer and open button shirt is today's Miami Vice white blazer pink t-shirt look. It's casual, cool, modern, but fad-ish. While I agree that it is stylish, I don't think it has staying power.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
FourKingTwenty said:
10103980B~James-Garner-Rockford-Files-Posters.jpg

Indeed, and nobody did the look better than James Garner as Jim Rockford.

I have to agree on the Rockford note... but the Rockford couldn't put on a tie and look in place with his outfits, it just wasn't him... while the Nip Tuck pair look a little too hollywood. I think Rockford could pull off the Nip/Tuck look but the surgeons can't pull off the Rockford look.

Then again, Rockford's was more of a lazy guy thing while Nip/Tuck is pushing "we're Hollywood."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou