Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TV help!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
Hey!

I know that Desi De lu lu poste d something about an amazing 50s Tv set she was having made, but i don't remember the companys name!

could someone please help me?

Thanks!:)

Edward

Bartender
Those are gorgeous! I just wish it was possible to get something like that in a 40" plus screen size.... For my next TV, I want something with a big screen. Actually, I'm still toying with the idea of dispensing ith a TV altogether and repalcing it with an LCD projector and pull down screen. Only thing stopping me to date has been that I hear they're not great in daylight, and the blubs for the projector have a finite lifespan. My other alternative is a flat panel, LCD TV that is wall mounted.... Ideally, a 'dieselpunk' version, encased in a nice, old wooden picture frame.

Feraud

Bartender
Go for it Edward!
For all the complaints about television, you wouldn't catch this movie junkie w/out his 40+ flat screen lcd! What better way to watch classic movies than on the "big screen".

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
What better way to watch classic movies than on the "big screen".
+1. They bring the film's original wide screen format, which had previously been clipped to fit onto a square screen, into the home. They're great for sports, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24