Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twitter?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I didn't see the point until I started updating my Facebook profile status constantly. Since I do that, I guess I do see the point.

Any fellow Loungers on Twitter?

Edit: you can add me as hjcanning :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
nope, I can't even update my facebook & myspace profiles on a regular basis (I am still very blonde on my facebook profile, confuses people a lot).

Isn't twitter something birds do aswell? :D

JJWord

Familiar Face
I upgraded my cell phone plan to include internet back in January. Found myself updating my myspace status more regularly, but didn't like the way mobile.myspace clunked around. Switched to twitter, texting updates, been using it ever since.

Same name there as on here.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Twitter is stupid.

There is nothing that I am doing at any given point in the day that would warrant me to stop what I am doing, and compose a sentence to broadcast what I was doing to the rest of the world.

Im not that interesting, and Im okay with that.

LD

JJWord

Familiar Face
Lady Day said:
Twitter is stupid.

Hrmm, I enjoy it. I like receiving updates from long-time friends of mine that live in other states now. I also like getting the tweets from actors I follow. In fact a month or so ago Levar Burton was in Toronto for a talk show interview and spontaneously tweeted he would be at a local pub, inviting anyone to go down and have a pint with him. I believe 30 or so people showed up, very cool opportunity and very cool of Mr. Burton.

But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how "stupid" those opinions are. ;)

donCarlos

Practically Family
Twitter? I don´t think so...

tweet_tweet.jpg

JJWord

Familiar Face
Just a case in point LD, no disrespect meant. I'm only reusing your own terms.

I find twitter far from stupid in the context of how I use it. Getting a tweet on my cell phone from one of my old high school friends about how well his new job is going, well, it just brings a smile to my face.

I agree there are plenty of useless twitter, myspace, or facebook entries out there. Its social networking, a majority of it doesn't serve an altruistic purpose.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
It's a very, very useful networking tool for me, as a blogger and as a model so I don't find it to be remotely stupid. [huh] It depends how you use it I guess. It also updates my Facebook statuses for me, which doubles its usefulness as a networking tool, but annoyingly it will only update one of my two profiles.

If anyone wants to add me: http://twitter.com/fleurdeguerre

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Twitter is the future. I love it, not so much writing updates myself, because no, I am not that interesting, but I love following other people's tweets. I'll be adding you gals!

http://twitter.com/bouncingbettie

donCarlos, sorry, but I think that drawing represents a very conservative view...

Miss_Bella_Hell, I'm going to follow your naked chick! lol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I envy the Facebook/Twitter crowd...

As folk seem to be doing all sorts of interesting, glamorous and engaging things in their pro-active personal and professional lives...but I've found, even with my poor attempts at MySpace, that I hardly have anything of any great substance or interest to others to post from day-to-day on the great WWW[huh] <<C'est la vie au moment>>

But it does seem to really suit and work for certain personalities and character types - and that's marvellous.

Yep...'Get a life Paddy'...;)

Self indulgent claptrap …

Even though i do some quite interesting things in my life, i am not vain enough to believe that anyone else should be interested.

And I certainly lack the level of self-obsession that would make me impose myself so readily and unavoidably on others.

I feel similarly about blogs. Most people simply have nothing to say, and don't know it.

bk

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz, that's a hefty judgement! I'm sure my friends enjoy following my twitter as much as I enjoy following theirs, and as for blogs, I have one, but solely for my own sake. Nobody reads it anyway. lol And what's so bad about being self-obsessed? Everyone is, some more than others, but everyone is self-obsessed. Some people just don't want to admit it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic