Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Reenactment Reports for the Price of One

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lauren and I both attended our first reenactments this past weekend as part of a unit. Here are some pictures from mine in Ottawa, IL. Since I was a member of the Red Cross, I was stationed at the base camp for the morning tactical and the pictures are from the afternoon public battle (held in camp) for an out of state group. . . hence the out-of-place items like benches & birdhouses.
Mother Nature decided to make things a little more accurate for us by dumping 5 inches of snow the night before.
Theater: Festung Europa
Operation: The Battle of the Bulge

BattleoftheBulge-1-21-06002.jpg

Waiting in camp for the return.

BattleoftheBulge-1-21-06014.jpg

BattleoftheBulge-1-21-06011.jpg

BattleoftheBulge-1-21-06016.jpg

battleredsmokepicture.jpg

BattleoftheBulge-1-21-06019.jpg

BattleoftheBulge-1-21-06020.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
And out here in California, I attended my first reenactment at Camp Roberts in Paso Robles. It was absolutely gorgeous there, somewhat like France. I was a French Interpreter, since I didn't have my uniform yet, and went out with Kirsten, lately a member of the Fedora Lounge. It was great hitching a ride in the supply truck for some of the day, and wandering about. We mostly just watched while she let me ask a zillion questions, usually along the lines of "What was his name again?". Wow, there were a lot of men in green, and gray, and cami... We were highly outnumbered in our sex- about 10 of us to about 150 guys, I'm guessing. That night we had a USO party as a benefit for our new WAC/USO unit, the 6669th, and we raised enough money to buy our tent, thanks to the wonderful gentlemen! It gave us a chace to dud up in our dresses and serve the boys our homebaked goodies. When wondering if it made a difference, there was a veteran on the site who was moved to tears, telling us we were the best. Kirsten shot back "NO, YOU guys are the best. You did something our generation will never see. We're out here because of you!". It was a fabulous time, I met fabulous people, and I can see why driving 6 hours away is nothing because of the good times and the wonderful people.
jan01.jpg

jan03.jpg

jan04.jpg

jan05.jpg

jan06.jpg

jan07.jpg

jan08.jpg

jan09.jpg

jan10.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Nice to see we have some of the fedora Lounge's best up at the fron lines.

When they need a new war correspondent give me a call, I'll be at the ready with my camera and press credentials.

Looks like you both had an adventure... Don't get caught behind enemy lines.

Now where are the reports from all our other reenactors?

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
That snow looks like it was a load of fun. As odd as it seems I have been reenacting Russian-front battles for 4 years and have never been at an event where it snowed even a bit. Here in Texas we are lucky if we are at a battle where the daytime temperature is under 70.

Vanessa

One Too Many
D-Day-Doll said:
Vanessa, it looks like Jack was keeping warm by the fire! We weren't at Ottawa, the next reenactment we'll be at is Lowell. If you're there stop by and say hi!

Here's my latest, the last time I was in uniform was for our bomber crew's Christmas party.

http://97heaven.com/wwii/classa.jpg

I'll be there. Send me a PM with your unit info and we can meet up sometime!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great WWII style pics gals!

Love the photos of Vanessa and Kirsten! I'll try and get them loaded up onto our WWII members' gallery. You two just look great in uniform and despite snow, ..etc, you keep smiling through! good for you. Glad you enjoyed yourselves (Vanessa; Lauren: Kirsten).

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Renactment...

Awesome simply awesome. I recentally have become a co-pilot on board a B-17 Flying Fortress called "Heaven Can Wait" our web site can be seen here...
http://8aafnm.tripod.com/roster.html and this is the Nose Art I created for our plane...
127002568.jpg

I'm still in the process of putting together my uniform and repeatally watching "Memphis Belle" over and over again. For all those interested in reenacting here is a great forum to start at... it gives you all the info you might need and can help you put together your uniform and such. http://ww2reenactors.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

I have TONS more links to some great spots to help with WW2 paperwork and places to repoduce ites such as field rations, cigerette packs, old hershey bar wrappers and such. If you interested throw a PM my way.

-Doc

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oooooooooh! NICE!

You're a co pilot on a B-17?? Oh man, that must have taken some mighty fine work to achieve that spot! I'm sure we B-17 fans are all green with envy!

You'll have to share some photos with us of the Fort soon!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner