Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two, Two, TWO Pigs in a Poke for the Price of One!

Ande1964

Practically Family
When I've been locked in the studio for weeks, doing little but staring at the drafting table, I get a little blue, and buying junk online cheers me up. I admit it, I go a little bid-crazy!

So, this syndrome led to me putting in a bid on these "Beauties".

a0e8_1.JPG

Don't know how old they are. Don't know if the sweats are a wreck. Don't know the quality of the felt. Don't know how soiled the liners might be. Don't even know for sure if they're my size! Still, I figured they'd be good projects, worse case, and I can fix them up and flip them if they don't work out for me.

I'll come back with more pics when they arrive!

Anj

mingoslim

Practically Family
I think you might have gotten a deal . . .

I had a bid in on them, but didn't follow up . . . So I will be interested to see how you faired . . .
At least you weren't alone in being tempted. ;)

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I look forward to seeing how they turn out. If they're not the right size you can always put them on your hat stretcher of death. lol

Ande1964

Practically Family
Wow

Well, they saw me coming on this one. Hats arrived today, both clearly 7 1/8 size, rather than the 7 5/8 they were listed at. I have a message into the seller, asking for a return and refund, but I'm not optimistic. She insisted on a money order, and she doesn't seem to mind negative feedback.

Lesson learned for me, I guess. I shouldn't have bid without seeing the photo of the size tags, or getting a good measurement from the seller.

It's too bad, because these hats have a lot of potential. They are soiled, but the felt is really nice, and the dark one is pretty unique. Not only is it a color I have not seen before in an OR this old, but the original sweat was sewed in with the seam in the front... very odd.

I'm probably out my 98 bucks. I don't know if I'll work on these hats, or what. I suppose, if I cleaned them up and/or stretched them out a little and put in new sweats, I could flip them here to recoup something. I'll have to think about it.

:eusa_doh:

Anj

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
MAKE YOU AN OFFER?...

Hey Ande,

I wear a 7 Long Oval, but some 7-1/8s work too. I wouldn't want you to clean or replace anything but if you don't mind carefully measure the insed circumference and let me know what you get so I can decide whether I'm as tempted as you were...

We'd go from there if you're willing.

Will also PM you on this.

Thx,

Gene

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Ande1964 said:
Well, they saw me coming on this one. Hats arrived today, both clearly 7 1/8 size, rather than the 7 5/8 they were listed at. I have a message into the seller, asking for a return and refund, but I'm not optimistic. She insisted on a money order, and she doesn't seem to mind negative feedback.

Lesson learned for me, I guess. I shouldn't have big without seeing the photo of the size tags, or getting a good measurement from the seller.

It's too bad, because these hats have a lot of potential. They are soiled, but the felt is really nice, and the dark one is pretty unique. Not only is it a color I have not seen before in an OR this old, but the original sweat was sewed in with the seam in the front... very odd.

I'm probably out my 98 bucks. I don't know if I'll work on these hats, or what. I suppose, if I cleaned them up and/or stretched them out a little and put in new sweats, I could flip them here to recoup something. I'll have to think about it.

:eusa_doh:

Anj

Sorry to hear that, they are great looking hats. The unknowing ebay seller strikes again.

If you don't get a refund you could always sell 'em on here, get back some of the money you spent. ;)

Ande1964

Practically Family
Just recovered a bit and took a better look at the dark one. Of course, the sweat wasn't sewn in with the seam in the front originally... the hat has been switched to deal with a worn spot that was in the front.

It took some work... they had to remove and re-attach the little bow inside, and flip the ribbon.

Ugh...

I'll measure and get back to you soon, Gene. I have no illusions about getting what I spent out of these, but it would be nice if they could do some good for someone.

Best,
Anj

Edited to add that I just heard from the seller, and she is willing to accept a return. Fingers crossed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred