Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UFOs and WWII

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
The History Channel usually has some kind of program on related to Nazi research of UFOs. German scientific research really seemed to move at a superior pace as opposed to allied research. UFOs, advanced guided rockets, super weapons; all frequently associated with The Third Reich.

Ruptured Duck™

New in Town
I saw this story, too.

My interest flew out the window (like a flying saucer) when I read that the allegation came from the grandson of a man who once worked as a bodyguard for Churchill.

Too far a stretch for a good source, in my opinion.....

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Interestingly,

it's a known fact that Mussolini did order a cover up for a UFO sighting back in 1933; there's still somewhere copies of the order signed by him to "silentiate" press about the crashing of some non identified flying object in Northern Italy.

It's however speculative, but highly probable, that he also ordered the creation of a semi-secretive organization devoted to the study of unknown technologies (RS 33) which reunited the most notable italian scientists of the age;
(obviously there are those who speculate the structure was linked to UFO... well, who knows...)

and obviously attracted german attention to it.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabinetto_RS/33

http://www.ecn.org/cunfi/rs33.htm

filfoster

One Too Many
"Twilight Zone" theme plays in background....

I admit to believing in UFO's, of extraterrestrial origin, not flying nazis or Halliburton projects,which my wife has dutifully added to the file she will produce to support her claim for a Guardianship someday. Anyway, the result of the war settles for most of us, the proof whether the Germans had mastered this techology. For those of you who have much stronger stomachs and less critical reading skills, delve into any of Joseph P. Ferrell's compendia of conspiracy pseudo history for a concentrated dose of weird to the highest power. A random read of "SS Brotherhood of the Bell" or "The Giza Death Star" will leave you with a headache and wonder that someone who writes prose so well could make serious assertions such as these! I can only hope I may be interned in the same booby hatch to be entertained by his stories in person. Strong critique to follow!
For a more plausible explanation of some seriously weird science the Germans may have been working on, read Nick Cook's "The Hunt for Zero Point" which describes purported experiments in Eastern Europe and the Harz mountains exploring 'scalar' physics and the same 'bell' Mr. Farrell writes about. Mr. Cook was for many years a writer/editor for the respected Janes series of military summaries.

filfoster

One Too Many
Proof

RE UFO's in general, tens of thousands of people have offered their eyewitness 'evidence' and there is some hard evidence,(casts of soil impressions, photos-for what they're worth, debris, even recent video-ever watch The History Channel stuff? It's not all twaddle.) but no, there is no public exhibit anywhere of a downed craft or alien remains. Not surprising really, given the world-changing nature of that information, it's likely considerable resources are devoted to tidying up the most dramatic bits.
The beauty of UFO's is that so much can remain in plain sight because it's so uncomfortable to consider and most of us will choose not to believe unless we ourselves are confronted with one. And we don't have to believe, because there is no apparent interference in our daily lives. I don't think on it constantly and am quite content to maintain only a passing, sympathetic interest.
Now, consider the situation when these 'foo fighters' appeared in the waning days of the greatest struggle in the world's history. Good grief! Roosevelt and Churchill must have felt persecuted indeed! Just another damn thing to worry about!

Apologies to the moderators: There are plenty of other forums to discuss all this weirdness and better served by knowledgable posters.

kampkatz

Practically Family
Why would UFO's(aliens) want anything to do with the earth if they are following current events? Another great depression is on its way, so aliens will find nothing of value after everyone is living in poverty.

filfoster

One Too Many
Illegal aliens

kampkatz said:
Why would UFO's(aliens) want anything to do with the earth if they are following current events? Another great depression is on its way, so aliens will find nothing of value after everyone is living in poverty.

Kampkatz, you make an excellent point! If they want more contact, they must pay taxes. And what exactly is Sheriff Joe Arpaio doing about these illegal aliens?
Arizona is very near Nevada, where they are rumored to keep a time-share at Groom Lake.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Tornados

My problem with proof of UFOs is Tornados, yes Tornados! There are thousands of crystal clear videos of Tornados, and not one of a UFO! People know a Tornado will kill you, yet they risk their lives to get this footage! As far as I know, not one person has been killed by a UFO. So why can't one person get a clear photo or footage of a UFO?

filfoster

One Too Many
A dark, dark passage

Stearmen said:
My problem with proof of UFOs is Tornados, yes Tornados! There are thousands of crystal clear videos of Tornados, and not one of a UFO! People know a Tornado will kill you, yet they risk their lives to get this footage! As far as I know, not one person has been killed by a UFO. So why can't one person get a clear photo or footage of a UFO?

Stearman, there are clear photos. The problem is veracity. Many have been examined for 'doctoring' but that's still inconclusive as to a hoax. Some of the most intriguing visual evidence are videos, some from phone cams. Check out some of the History Channel stuff. It won't convert any skeptics but it's fun to watch and wonder.

Moderators, thanks for your patience with this fun detour. Foo Fighters?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Fun topic for speculation. I think the most plausible explanation for Foo Fighters is that they were indeed experimental aircraft of German design. Supposedly powered by the earth's magnetic field I think. [huh]
But then there is that incident at Roswell,....aliens from space? Or aliens from space as a good cover story for a crashed U.S. military experiment based upon captured nazi technology?

filfoster

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Fun topic for speculation. I think the most plausible explanation for Foo Fighters is that they were indeed experimental aircraft of German design. Supposedly powered by the earth's magnetic field I think. [huh]
But then there is that incident at Roswell,....aliens from space? Or aliens from space as a good cover story for a crashed U.S. military experiment based upon captured nazi technology?

The result of the war satisfies my curiousity that the Germans did not make that technological leap. We'd be speaking Deutsche now, perhaps?

If you are curious enough, there is a trove of collected information out there.Google 'best UFO books' for a start. The UFO-ologists are a devoted sub-culture and boast some pretty sensible and well-known folks. There is considerable 'evidence' (again, nothing that can't be argued about-photos, affidavits from reputable people, some physical evidence),for the extratrerrestrial origin, which, in a way, is easier to accept than some Nazi breakthrough in the crucible of a world war, that even though it would have been a light years advance in science, somehow wasn't a 'game-changer' for them (thank goodness). It's fun and harmless as long as we never actually see one ourselves!

up196

A-List Customer
Roswell, the perfect mis-direction

Maj.Nick Danger said:

I believe the Roswell incident is an example of mis-direction at its finest. Think of it this way: Tell a lie and when people believe it, then deny it with a "cover-up" and people will insist the lie is true.

There is a crash, and the USAAF does not want it known what crashed, but there are witnesses, so they say it's a UFO from space and people believe it; and why shouldn't they, there are witnesses. It must be from space.

Then they retract the UFO from space story and say it was a weather baloon, which it obviously wasn't, and people insist it was a UFO from space; and why shouldn't they, there were witnesses. Therefore, I must have been from space and this weather baloon story is a cover-up.

They believers in a cover-up are correct. There was a cover-up, but the mis-direction as to what is being covered up (that is, what actually crashed), supported by the "corroboration" of the witnesses (pawns in this little game of deception, really; truthful people who described what they saw in the context of what they knew), persists to this day.

I believe they did such a good job of mis-direction that the USAAF could have come out and revealed what really crashed, complete with plans and diagrams, and nobody would have believed them.

And maybe, in the years since, they have come out and revealed what really crashed, and nobody believes them, or . . .

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A12 Blackbirds

The CIA actually had an agent call local Police and news stations to report UFO sightings when ever a U2 or the later single pilot A12 Blackbird would be flying in the vicinity. That way when others called to report a strange craft in the night sky and triple sonic booms, it was dismissed by the powers to be. It worked very well, as noted in declassified documents!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo