Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UK Glamour Girl of the Year competition

hathorheaven

New in Town
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this (I am a lurker but haven't posted much) but I really want to get publicity for this competition as I am involved in one of the charities that they are fundraising for. Please move it if it would be more appropriate elsewhere.

GLAM GIRLS NEED YOUR VOTES 4 CHARITY

Will you spot the GLAM GIRL next door and vote for her ?

More than 800 ladies entered Nationally for this lifestyle charity challenge AND THE PUBLIC GET TO VOTE THEIR FAVOURITES INTO THE AREA SEMI-FINAL.

The UK Glamour Girl of the Year competition is a brand new pageant-style competition.
Not only is the event guaranteed to put a smile back on our faces, for added cheer in these dreary economic times, 12 Charities will benefit by sponsoring a month on a celebratory calendar for 2010.

OUR Charities :
Anxiety UK
Cri Du Chat Syndrome Support Group
International Otter Survival Fund - Isles of Skye
Macmillan Cancer Support
The Marine Connection
Motor Neurone Disease Association
Mood Foundation - run by Rupert Young (Will Young's twin brother)
Mrtesticles.com - male cancer awareness
National Aids Trust
Round Table Children's Wish
Stroke Care
Unique Coffee Bar Youth Charity – Supporting vulnerable young people

Glamour girl of the Year is a fun interactive celebration of our national beauties. But unlike other modelling and pageant competitions, it will be open to all women aged over 18.
A fun event that flies in the face to the stereotypical view of women and GLAMOUR -and the ladies entering are of all shapes and sizes, ranging from age 18 to 67 - and is being filmed for a TV network as a Documentary .

This is not just about tops off, this is a true celebration of glamour and everything it stands for – it is up to the individuals how they choose to interpret it. Women of all ages and directions from horse breeders to cooks, cleaner to banker, civil servants to homemakers, nurses to aircraft builders and even the armed forces, they are all aiming to become the next calendar girls, raising a smile as well as funds for our charitable causes.
The competition is being run by albamodel.info - the UK's number one modelling Information service and welfare watchdog. Organizer and founder of Alba Katie Froud and her team want to spread the love and support 12 deserving charities.

Katie says: “Times are tough so we wanted to do something positive, not only for the modelling industry but for the whole country I aim to raise more than £ 1.5 million for our 12 causes”

The top 30 favourites from text and online public votes for each regional area will go into 8 area Semi- finals held nationally so from hundreds of beauties, 45 will appear at a lavish Hollywood-style grand final in August 2009.

From the 45 we then find 12 finalists, and one winner will be crowned the UK Glamour Girl of the year to become the tasteful Centrefold poster Pin-up accompanying the calendar. This is a Gok-like experience without having to get naked !

All 12 finalists will be taken to a secret location for the calendar shoot.

Each month will show one girl in an iconic Hollywood Glamour pose alongside the charity to benefit from the calendar sales.

voting starts 1st JUNE 2009 ends 1st July 2009

web site : glamourgirloftheyear.org

Every woman being GLAM for charity

For further information and interesting back stories from the ladies please contact Jayne Brierley or Katie at albamodel.info

Jayne – 0795- 763 – 2649 or email: scoop@globalnet.co.uk
Katie - 0777- 575- 8556

hathorheaven

New in Town
Fleur - I thought of you when I saw the advert and asked the organisers to post it on these forums. I think she ran out of time though and I was away so couldn't check. If they ever do it again will make sure they let everyone know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner