Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UK Vintage Shops

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I was actually in the shop this morning - before I saw your message! Whilst the jacket is in amazing condition there are a couple of moth holes on the trousers at the front (nothing massive) and some staining - which looked like they might wash out.

Unfortunately, I wont be back in that area for some time.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Teagowns & Textiles
2SHOP%20ADVETERISING%20029.jpg

46 Broad Street, Bromyard, Herefordshire. HR7 4BS. Shop landline: 01885 788013 Tel: 07768 942837 sales@teagownsandtextiles.co.uk

I have never visited the shop but they have a few interesting pieces on the website. Watch out for dreadful photographs and poor descriptions (often without measurements), but sometimes this can help find a bargain.
Here's an overcoat currently for sale on their site. No photo of the front but the back looks interesting:
SAM_3663.JPG

And another one:
SAM_2752.JPG

this has sold but was described as a "late 1950s trenchcoat" although it appears to be an overcoat and could date to the 1930s. it sold for £38.

Metatron

One Too Many
I know its been over a month now, but if someone doesnt mind picking that suit (from Metatrons picture below), I would love to own it & take care of the costs of course.

Hello there LuckyKat, I am sorry I did not reply earlier!
I was in the shop today and the suit is still there, now £50.
Here are some additional photos of the trousers, which are flat fronted:

I took some measurements,
Jacket:
20.9 from armpit to armpit
26 inch sleeve length

trousers:
15.2 inches across

I often cycle to St Albans so it is no problem for me to pick it up for someone.

Gavin Ramejkis

New in Town
Do any loungers know any decent shops in the North West of England? Even local charity shops are well wise to anything half decent and sell on Flea Bay themselves, read with envy of our US counterparts walking into thrift stores and finding Borsalinos and Stetsons for a few bucks, I'm in Edinburgh next week with work and intend to see if I can take the tram into town one day to find Armstrongs and check it out

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
i don't know about the North West. Last time I was in Edinburgh, there were three branches of Armstrongs. The one in the grassmarket was the biggest but I'm not sure about how good its stock was - not as good as it used to be, would be my guess. I went to the branch at 14 Teviot Place (EH1 2QZ 0131 226 4634) and that was much quieter. They got a sack full of ties out of the basement for me to sort through, which always brings a smile to my face.
Good luck.

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
one wonders why dont they/and others like them dont offer an internet shop? or am I not clicking on the correct icon?
i'd love to at least be able to see their full stock,or a selection.esp their hats. Pity.

robrinay

One Too Many
No problem Cookie, Jojos stock is constantly changing but he does put some of his choicer finds on Instagram. If anyone is looking for specific items I'm sure he wouldn't mind being contacted via Facebook - I was in he shop yesterday and he has not one but three medium sized WW2 B3 jackets in reasonably wearable condition.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Levisons, Cheshire Street, London:

They currently have a large stock of suits in about a 42/43 chest and 38 inch waist, all from one owner, mostly by the same tailor. They are mostly from the 1950s and early 1960s but in a traditional style (I think some of the trousers had a fishtail back). If that's your size, it would certainly be worth dropping in.

RegentSt1965

Familiar Face
Anyone been to Dustbowl Vintage in Bristol since its move to new premises? Looks great on Instagram. Certainly much more room and scope for store good fit-out than their old location.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Just checked out the new shop in Crystal Palace (can't remember the name, but the one in the old mexican restaurant), some nice stuff. A few 40's suits and some good looking overcoats - couple of nice German Hombergs (too small for my 59cm head) slightly pricy maybe. There was a nice bright red Woolrich hunting jacket in Crazy Man Crazy and a lovely Swedish army coat in the small store down the road from CMC (not sure of the name). Also spotted a well worn USN Peacoat in the Shelter charity shop for £25 (not sure of the era, but slightly bluer than my 60's and a nice heavy wool) - it'd need a bit of TLC on the lining and button holes but the fabric was in OK condition.

Aether

One of the Regulars
No label, but I'd say 38R" possibly a touch smaller. It was a snug, but good fit on me and I'm a standard 38R.

It could well be Bambino - can't say I've ever noticed the name - but I like the guy that runs it, he's a good laugh.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21