Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultra intense/heavy/thick new leather jacket - how to break in?

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I have a VERY heavy, similar weight to the one you have by the look of the pics, steerhide halfbelt that is just starting to soften up a little after about 4 months of everyday wear. These things take a lot of time,effort and being uncomfortable for a long time but after it breaks, it feels real nice.

Infinitum

A-List Customer
Here is a fit pic of the jacket.

nlqsky.jpg

winterland1

Practically Family
Cool jacket. I say all styles of jackets come into play here on the FL. Sleeves are a little long but being it is near new they should shorten an inch when the sleeves break in and get creased. I don't think I have seen a kitchen shot before. Strange but works. The jacket shows detail better than many of my pics.

Last edited:

andy b.

One of the Regulars
That jacket is beautiful! But I can tell by looking at it, it will take a long time to break-in. It looks exactly like the leather used to make rough-out Brogans that I used to wear for U.S. Civil War reenacting, and just as thick. Your grandchildren will be wearing that jacket, and it might not even be broken-in by then.

Tinytim

Familiar Face
Thanks for the info, I am also trying to break in my jackets. I feel that wearing the jacket frequently does help in making the jacket more flexible. So keep at it, wear the jacket it will eventually soften up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo