Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusual Color Suit

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
My recent purchase on Ebay, was this nice 'coffee brown' suit. It fits like a glove!!! I took picks with the coat on and off and from the front and back. What type of waist do these pants have? Whatever it is, I like the way it hugs my hips. A great fit!

Chad

newsuit1.jpg

newsuit2.jpg

newsuit3.jpg

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
Fantastic Attire and Bearing, Chad

You could have taken the Ray Liotta part in Goodfellas!!!

If you walked around Howard Beach or 'Lil Italy, you'd be taken for a Made Man... You'd not be messed with. :arated:

NB: No T-shirts with that shirt, A-shirts only. Check out your pics again.

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
Wow, that is an incredible suit! I'm looking for unusual colors now too, I don't want people thinking up uptight just because I love suits. And that color is unusual but tasteful.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Katt in Hat said:
You could have taken the Ray Liotta part in Goodfellas!!!

If you walked around Howard Beach or 'Lil Italy, you'd be taken for a Made Man... You'd not be messed with. :arated:

NB: No T-shirts with that shirt, A-shirts only. Check out your pics again.

Yeah I know...One of my little fashion faux pas!

Chad

Mycroft

One Too Many
Sweet suit, I like the tie also that you picked for it with the matchign braces(suspenders). Maybe you could try the same set up, but with a green or blue v. the red? I have seen that suit color before and not in Goodfellas, hmm. Let me think about this one. Cheers.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Boy, that is a beautiful suit. It looks like it was tailored for you. The fit is perfect. The sleeves are the perfect length for a vintage suit, showing just the right amount of cuff. You put it all together very well.

I am thoroughly impressed with that suit. Absolutely amazing.

But, please do something about those shoes! How about some Spectators? :)

Welcome to the Pinkie Ringery.

Some brown wing tips or some two tone brown bucks (saddleshoes) maybe?

Nice suit quite a score! Maybe a vintage tie with that one?

Looking Good fella!

So, I make you laugh? So what am I funny like a clown?

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
That looks great!

By coincidence I bought a suit off Ebay which is very similar. It is being altered at present (to put on some braces buttons, etc...).

I'll post some pictures on this thread when I get it back next week.

Some suggestions to tweak the look:

(1) place a nice handkerchief in the breast pocket
(2) get your dry-cleaner to put a nice sharp crease down the sleeves, where the seam is at the back....

Best of look with this.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I do have some brown and white wingtips, but didn't have access to them when this picture was taken. I agree it will look the best with those on! Also, I could wear some white pants with that coat and the brown and white wingtips, and top it off with a white pocket square!

Chad

maintcoder

A-List Customer
An excellent looking suit and it fits you very well. It is similar to my newest purchase and I can say I feel like a million in that suit. It never fails to garner a certain level of attention. Have fun in it, I bet you will have the same experience!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Double pleated (Look Closer) My money is on a Copy Right of 1949 on that puppy! I have two coats that color, one double and one single. It was a popular shade of brown in the 40's and 50's. A red/brown is always a nice shade, nothing unusual about it just unusual by today?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s standard black and grays. :p

If you've been around vintage as long as I or some of the other members, its one color you'll see mostly next to navy blue.

Chad, that's a great suit! I'm very happy for you and you wear it well my friend! The tie is modern but, has a classic color and pattern to it. It looks good but, you can always put it with a vintage tie to get the right length and look.

I also like your idea of cream pants with the coat!!! Very classy! I've done that combo now and again and I just love it!

Have fun with it man, enjoy it and treasure it! You have a nice suit!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic