Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusual impressions...

Cobden

Practically Family
...just out of curiosity, am I the only re-enactor/living historian/bloke who dresses up at weekends here who doesn't portray USAAF, US Army or RAF ossifer? I do my RAF erk, RN swabjockey and Fleet Air Arm (so, admittedly, I have suffered from pilot fever!) myself; just wondered if anyone else does something slightly more unusual.

This is just to satisfy my interest, not trying to berate anyone who does those things!

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I only do two impressions at the moment:

WW2 Soviet Union guards infantry corporal
WW2 Waffen-SS panzergrenadier private

Not especially unusual, but a little different than the norm I guess.

Cobden

Practically Family
Ah, I so I'm providing my own air cover so I can supply you so you can shoot yourself!

Just pulling your leg. I'm hoping to add Soviet Navy to my repetoir at some point myself

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
201st Fighter Squadron (Mexican), 58th Fighter Group, 5th Air Force

I been curious myself - is there anybody out there that re-enacts the 201st Fighter Squadron (Mexican), 58th Fighter Group, 5th Air Force? These were the 'Aztec Eagles' of the Mexican Air Force that fought in the Philipines. I would think that this would be a big hit at airshows and conventions. Anybody know anybody anywhere?? -dixon cannon

Story

I'll Lock Up
I always thought the guys that hauled around and actually used the gulaschkanone were pretty obscure.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Dixon Cannon said:
I been curious myself - is there anybody out there that re-enacts the 201st Fighter Squadron (Mexican), 58th Fighter Group, 5th Air Force? These were the 'Aztec Eagles' of the Mexican Air Force that fought in the Philipines. I would think that this would be a big hit at airshows and conventions. Anybody know anybody anywhere?? -dixon cannon

Not that I'm aware of, but we have been trying to start a 201 reenactor squadron here for a while! We have several guys who are interested, and there is a 201st reunion here each year. Great bunch of guys! It seems like it would almost be a "given" because there is a very large Latino population in this area, but so far nobody has actually done it.

I'd also like to see a Tuskegee reenactor. I've only seen one so far, and he was way off base.

I do pretty standard American women's impressions - homefront/civilian, WAVES, WAC, WASP, Army Nurse Corps, Navy Nurse Corps, American Red Cross.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'm putting together a 'parallel' uniform...a WWII equivalent of my modern uniform, an enlisted Air Corps mechanic.

I've got USN uniforms, but they need to either be tailored or traded on something that fits better. I've got Marines, as well, but I think i'd get in trouble with that...

I've also got grandpa's 69th Inf. Div. dress uniform, which fits near perfectly.

Don't get many opportunities to use anything other than Air Corps, but that'll hopefully change.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Wingnut- I have a pair of Mechanics 'flight pants', A-10, I think they are- a pocket on the front of each thigh. They're like the other OD and alpaca flight pants but Mechanics, rather than flight personnel.

You may or may not be interested in them- I haven't seen another pair of this specific type around.

B
T

db5zx

Familiar Face
I am in the process of getting my stuff together to reenact a Life Magazine photographer (NOT signal corps) attached to the US Army in Europe 1944. I already have the cameras and the information, now I just need enough money to buy the uniform, etc.

Jens

Big Joe

Familiar Face
I portray a Teamsters union official, although in this photo the gestapo might be more like it.

Joe5.jpg

Big Joe

Story

I'll Lock Up
Solid Citizen said:
PS Do you belong to a civilian 40's reenacting group?

SC,
You could put on a Red Cross armband and charge the grunt reenactors for donuts (one 1943 dime or $1 cash). ;)

Big Joe

Familiar Face
To: Solid Citizen

We are long time civil war re-enactors'. A few of us are interested in the WW 2 era and thought we'd dip our toes in the water.
At this point we are unaffiliated. Hope we can meet up with you sometime. Perhaps Gettysburg in September?

We'll be in Lewisburg, Pa (Bucknell University) in a few weeks for the USO show and dance.

Big Joe and doll face.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Just checked the distance, Big Joe...

... and the event at Lewisburg (USO Gala and Dance) is just too far for us to travel for a day trip. However, it sounds like it could be grand. Why don't you start a thread in the events section. Let others know of your plans... Still hoping that we'll have a PA, MD, VA, DC get-together in Gettysburg in September...

Warden

One Too Many
Hello everyone

My impressions are based around the British home front, ARP, FAP, Civil Defence, Home Guard, Civilian, Civil Servant that kind of thing.

But one of my favourites and we only did it once, was to play a military role as an officers batman.

My friend played the officer as he is early 20s and I being early 40s needed a reason to be in service. But as the officer said, “I know he is getting on a bit, but he is awfully good at finding things”.

As we are both great Jeeves and Wooster fans we were able to feed lines to each other which worked well with the public.

For example I would go to his tent, cough and say “Would sir like breakfast or luncheon when he rises?” To which he would reply “Breakfast I think can’t let standards slip”.

Warden ‘Harry’ D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy