Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Up, Down, Side to Side

K1J3L

New in Town
Good afternoon, everyone.

I've got a question that I cannot seem to find a clear answer to, and was hoping someone here might be willing to spare some guidance. I've had a long tern obsession with hard felt hats, and have finally come into owning a nice bowler. I'm aware that the handling is much the same as a top hat (by the brim, clean and dry), however I plan to treat this bowler as an every day hat, and realized I'm at a loss with.. well, setting it down. I know the general rule of thumb is, should one be required to place it on a flat surface, a hat goes crown down. But the bowlers round crown leads me to think this wouldn't be so.

So, summing up: does it sit brim down, balanced precariously on the crown, or on its side, touching both crown and brim to surface?

Mm25

One Too Many
I go brim down, usually hanging off the edge of something so the curve of the brim isn't trying to straighten out the whole time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn