Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Authentic Custom Jacket Questions

seahound

New in Town
Has anybody done any custom work with US Authentic? I'm thinking of having a Cliff Secord (The Rocketeer) jacket made and I'm wondering what to expect. Shaul quoted me $800 for seal brown horsehide which is a great price (especially since it's made in the USA whereas a Magnoli in goat would cost $600 and would be made in India I think).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can offer some firsthand insight into either US A's custom work or their quality in general. Thanks.

gallery_movies-the-rocketeer[1].jpg

thor

One Too Many
I have a customized US Authentic G-8 and it is superb! It's not a full custom-made one-off design but they modified their G-8 jacket to my specifications and it turned out even better than I envisioned. The measurements I wanted were spot on and the options I chose were all executed perfectly. The jacket arrived lightening quick (it was at my front door only 48 hours after I placed the order and finalized all the specs with Shaul via e-mail). I highly recommend US-A for anyone wanting a very well-made jacket at a reasonable price.

seahound

New in Town
That's encouraging. Any idea how often they run sales? There's a great one going right now (15% off everything including custom) but I'm not quite in a position to buy. I'm hoping another one rolls around before October and jacket weather.

thor

One Too Many
Not sure about how often they have their sales, but from what I've seen, many times it will not include custom jackets so the one they are running now (15% off everything) is a great deal.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Magnoli has a proven track record of reproducing very faithfully many different jackets from films. Magnoli has a great eye for patterning. USA has no such record. But they make nice jackets.

I'd want more information about USA's ability to do this custom work - making a pattern from scratch is not the same thing as reproducing a pattern of theirs with a few altered measurements.

I'm not suggesting that USA can't do this work, but I know Magnoli can.

Last edited:

seahound

New in Town
That's valid, Seb. I like the idea of horse hide and made in the US, but maybe I'll save that for my next A-2 and get the Secord in goat from Magnoli. It'll probably come down to price when I'm ready to buy. I've heard mostly positive things about both brands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21