Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Navy 13 Button Wool Pants Questions

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
I just bought a new pair of the US Navy 13 button sailor wool pants. These are the pants which are worn with the "crackerjack" navy shirts. The seller told me they were made in 1988. I have a few questions concerning these.
1) The color of these pants is black. Were the older pants (50s-70s) the same very dark navy blue color as the old US Navy Kersey pea coats?
2) Did they change the pants color to black as they did the pea coats back in the '70s. If they did about what year did they make this color change to the pants?
3) Was the wool material from the older pants similar to the Kersey wool that they made the pea coats from? The material of the pants that I just bought is 100% wool, but is not a fuzzy, velvet like material like the old Kersey wool.
I bought these pants to be worn as dress pants and they are the most beautiful, outrageous pants I have ever had. I'm thinking of buying a second pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn