Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USN Pullover / Sweater Repros

volatile

A-List Customer
Dear Loungers,

I'm sure some of you can help.

I recently stumbled across some pictures of a WW2 navy sweater repro made by one of the Toyo brands, Mister Freedom. The sweater's been discontinued at the one online retailer I've found who carried it, Selfedge.

MF_sweater_01.jpg

It is, apparently, "inspired by a 1940's US Army Government Issue sweater".

Anyone know where I can find either a retailer of this top, or, preferably, a company that makes something similar (or sells deadstock) to whatever the original inspiration piece was?

Edward

Bartender
Sugar Cane(? I think that was it), owned by the Buzz Rickson people, does a lot of early 40s USN stuff - might be worth checking out if it's in their range?

pablocham

One of the Regulars
The sweater you want is normally called the "five button sweater" or "5 button sweater." They can be had in surplus stores and on ebay for about 20 bucks as they were still made until pretty recently. Be careful to get one that is wool and not acrylic. You might also look out for the USN watch sweaters, no buttons, but a high collar.

Mister Freedom is made by Sugar Cane.

pablocham

One of the Regulars
For 20 bucks plus 5 dollars in dye and 35 bucks to a seamstress you could have a decent facsimile of the Mr. Freedom at a sixth of the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24