Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentines Day?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
Babydoll. That is great. I was so mad as they would not let me wait till the 14th. to have our daughter and she was born on the 13th. They still made me a Valentine with her thumbprint though. lol

I've been told that she can safely be born anywhere from January 21st on.... and I'm okay with that! (Wait, that's in just three weeks!!! :eek: ) If she decides to wait until the last minute to come... let's hope her head isn't really big! I'd prefer early, though. My birthday is around then, and I'd like her to come before that.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Given the chance, I'd strangle Cupid! The little git needs to pony up for some sharper, truer, sturdier arrows! On the off chance that one of his low-quality shafts actually hits me or the one in my sights, it either bounces off, breaks or falls out.

Every time Valentine's Day arrives, I suffer a serious case of clinomania.

Lee

Edward

Bartender
I'm not sure I could loathe the whole Valentine's circus more - even if it was somehow inextricably linked to [spits]Simon Cowell[/spits]. I mock myself with the notion of doing something about it, but really there seems little point, going on experience. :rolleyes:

C-dot said:
This Valentine's Day I'll be extra cantankerous. If Cupid dares shoot an arrow in my direction, he'll get it stuck back in his fat little bum. :mad:
Whoa, Ms. C-dot... startin' to sound like me there! (And that is a scary thing...):eek: lol

Avalon said:
I'm single, so I'll take C-Dot's arrow if she isn't using it. lol
Mind forwarding it on to me once you're done with it? I'll probably be bemoaning my "approaching thirty and never even a first kiss" status... or trying to distract myself from it by throwing myself 100% into several projects.

MrNewportCustom said:
Given the chance, I'd strangle Cupid! The little git needs to pony up for some sharper, truer, sturdier arrows! On the off chance that one of his low-quality shafts actually hits me or the one in my sights, it either bounces off, breaks or falls out.
Speaking of projects, would you like to borrow Abomination for the job? Catch is, having the beast's a capital offense in California, so you'd have to come up here to Do The Job...

Babydoll, thoughts and prayers for a smooth home-stretch into delivery.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
Lee

The midnight Murd'rer, bursts the faithless Bar;
Invades the sacred Hour of silent Rest
And leaves, unseen, a Dagger in your breast.

Johnson, London

...I think Cupid owns a bad blade and knows how to use it. ;)
But I'm still an incurable, oft-cut romantic who loves Valentine's Day. :)

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I was going to have a costumed Un-Birthday party (and un Valentines day) on the 13th. Since I loath the holiday. However, my 4-H chapter decided to have........a Sweethearts Dinner. :eusa_doh: So I will be dressed in pink or red serving cute couples their V-day meal. Please. Shoot me.

However, I may have a fellow this V-day. So, who knows. I think he kinda feels the same about V-day. I'm all for black-iced cookies and horror movies on the 14th.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
MrNewportCustom said:

Deep down inside, I am a hopeless romantic, but on the surface, I love that response MrNewportCustom! lol :eusa_clap

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Valentine's Day will be just another day for me:
CorinneGriffith-kissmy.jpg

I'll wake up smiling after Saturday night.

There are so many heavenly creatures, and so many divine drinks, why not enjoy them all?
smirnoffdrink.jpg

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I enjoy spoiling my significant other on Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, my lady does not care for, or feel inclined to, being spoiled on this day. As a result, I will likely get some cheap chocolates and a card for her, and expect nothing for myself. [huh]

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I've never much liked Valentine's day... I'll make a card for the gent, and we'll probably go out for a drink or something... nothing big :) x

Foofoogal

Banned
Here also. At Kohls the other day ( a popular chain here) in the textile aisle it was Valentines across from Easter. Nuts really. :eusa_doh:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Mind forwarding it on to me once you're done with it? I'll probably be bemoaning my "approaching thirty and never even a first kiss" status... or trying to distract myself from it by throwing myself 100% into several projects.

Okay, I'll add you to the list... ;)

I'm awfully sorry if I frightened you Diamondback! This is a very bitter and scorned woman speaking. Don't mind me :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw