Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Boven 15 Dark Brown Fedora with Cavanagh Edge 7 1/8

mattface

Practically Family
http://www.etsy.com/listing/95914667/van-boven-15-dark-brown-fedora-with#

This is a really beautiful hat in excellent like-new condition. Gorgeous dark brown felt with 2 1/8" Cavanagh edge brim and 2" dark brown grosgrain ribbon. The fancy brim treatment and the lush felt, as well as the nice details on the liner tells me this was a high quality hat. The $15 price tagunder the sweatband tells me it was probably from the late 40s or early 50s. The leather sweatband is 1 3/4 in excellent condition, nice and supple, with no cracks or loose stitches. I show the hat loosely creased into an diamond, but it's basically open crowned with only a faint signs of a center dent. I'll send it open crown and you can shape it as you want it. You'll find the fine quality felt to be very malleable, and easy to shape to your preference.

il_570xN.322617519.jpg

il_570xN.322617523.jpg

il_570xN.322617515.jpg

il_570xN.322742204.jpg

Larger pictures available on the item listing

Fit:
Sized 7 1/8, it measures 22 1/4" in circumference.
Crown 5 1/4"
Brim 2 1/8"

mattface

Practically Family
A little bump for this hat, and I'll extend the same offer I made on the Zephyrweight Weekender. 10% discount available on this hat and anything else in my shop you purchase with it. Just PM me for a discount code if you want to take me up on it.

mattface

Practically Family
I used to shop at Van Boven's in the Nickels Arcade in Ann Arbor. This was in the mid '80s, when there was no longer a Detroit store, nor any dress hat stock that I recall.

Grew up in Detroit in the 70s-80s. Had plenty of friend who went to U of M in the late 80s- early 90s, but never heard of Van Bovens. Now I want to go look up the Detroit store. I've found a few things in the past from J.L. Hudsons Woodward Ave store, and I like em because they give me a connection to a better time for the city I grew up in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou