Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Enfield Cordovan Horsehide size 44 for sale!!

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hey all,

I love this jacket, but with another Aero in the works I need to thin the herd. It's a Vanson Enfield, size 44 in Cordovan Horsehide. The jacket is about 4-5 years old, in beautiful condition, and the fit is fantastic. The horsehide is much thicker than the current "crinkly" horse that Vanson has been using lately. And best of all, no waiting for this one!

The lining is in perfect shape with no rips tears or snags. The jacket is in "like new" new condition with just some light sleeve wrinkles. The color is sort of a Oxblood color - very unique.

The leather is thick, but the jacket is actually relatively light in weight. It is also fantastic to move around in - not binding at all. This would make the perfect summer riding jacket.

MEASUREMENTS:
Size: 44
Pit-Pit: 24” flat
Shoulder: 18 1/2” flat
Arms: 26 1/2”
Waist: 22” flat
Length: 25”

I am asking $550 shipped to the CONUS.

Here are some pics:

VansonEnfieldCordovanHorsehide06.jpg

VansonEnfieldCordovanHorsehide07.jpg

VansonEnfieldCordovanHorsehide05.jpg

VansonEnfieldCordovanHorsehide03.jpg

VansonEnfieldCordovanHorsehide01.jpg

VansonEnfieldCordovanHorsehide04.jpg

VansonEnfieldCordovanHorsehide02.jpg

Last edited:

Desert Rider

One of the Regulars
Enfield Jacket

In terms of jacket size, what is your height, weight and waist size? I am 5ft 11inches, 185 lbs, 36 inch waist, and normally wear a size 44 jacket. Does the Enfield run a size small?

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Sorry for the late reply - I am 6 feet tall, 37.5" waist, 43.5" chest. I consider it a slightly trim fit, but I consider it to be true to size. I used to have a model B, and that jacket definitely ran small, but the Enfield is a true fitting cut. Let me know if you have any other questions or need more pics.

- Jim

Desert Rider

One of the Regulars
Enfield

Do you have any pics of the lining. Was the jacket exposed to smoking? Are there any noticible flaws, bad threading, scratches in leather, etc?

I have a Lost Worlds Surburban horsehide, and I paid $450 for an essentially new jacket that retails for $975.

Your asking price is more than a new Enfield; would you consider taking less.

Ed

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Do you have any pics of the lining. Was the jacket exposed to smoking? Are there any noticible flaws, bad threading, scratches in leather, etc?

I have a Lost Worlds Surburban horsehide, and I paid $450 for an essentially new jacket that retails for $975.

Ed

Ed,

I can take a pic of the lining if you like - it is a black rayon cloth lining, and there are no rips or snags in it. The leather does not have any flaws that I can see, and the stitching looks great.

As the price is concerned, you are referring to the price of a Black Cowhide Enfield ($529). Changing the color of the jacket is a 10% upcharge on top of that price. Horsehide is another several hundred dollars (this jacket was originally around $800). I think my price is fair considering what it would cost to replicate this jacket today.

This jacket is several years old, and back when it was made, Vanson was getting better Horsehide than they do today. The newest examples I have seen from them have used very thin, crinkly looking horse. The leather on this jacket is not as thick as an Aero, but it is very nice, and the jacket is a pleasure to wear.

Finally, the jacket has not been exposed to cigarette smoke - I should have mentioned that in the first place, so thank you for asking. :)

Please don't take this the wrong way - I don't want to come across like a jerk - I just want to put things in perspective. If you have any more questions I am happy to answer them.

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hi Jim,
I am interested in the Vanson jacket.
Would you consider shipping to Europe?
Regards,

Bantam Man,

I am willing to ship to Europe, but I would need to figure out what the shipping would cost. I would charge exactly what the shipping costs and no more. I will be honest that I am not a fan of international shipping (mostly because I sweat until it arrives safely), but I think we could work it out.

too much coffee

Practically Family

Ed

Hello Desert Rider,
I have purchased 2 leather jackets from jimmer5 and I can assure you this Enfield is probably a very fair price. He markets the jackets appropriately and will only sell you a top notch, needs nothing, gotta have it jacket. He will package it carefully and update you with the shipping particulars in a timely manner. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.
Ed, buy the jacket (if it fits you) and you'll never look back.

P.S. I have never met Jim and I don't have a horse in this race but I just thought I would submit a solid testimonial. That color Enfield in HH at that price is a steal!

Cole

One of the Regulars
Well I guess I am a month to late, but since the thread is not marked as sold I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if the jacket is still available? :)

Desert Rider

One of the Regulars
Hey All,

I bought this jacket from Jimmer_5. Since I purchased it from him, I have only used it 3-4 times. Because this jacket doesn't get worn, I am going to sell it. The jacket is perfect. Selling price is $500 plus shipping.

Lone Starr

New in Town
Nice jacket. Would you consider a straight across trade for an AERO 44 black half belt, or an Italian black café size 56 (46 US)?

morrison2951

Practically Family
Got it and it's a beauty! Sorry no photos as the wife is not much into my leather jackets collection and I'm not a selfies fan but suffice to say that it fits like it was tailored for me and the color is just out of this world!

Truly a one of a kind looking show stopper! I can see myself growing old with this one! Ha ha ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy