Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model B - the search for my perfect cafe racer is over

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
b1lf,
That jacket looks awesome with two years of wear into it!
Very nice (and rare around here) to see a jacket that has been worn regularly and is breaking in beautifully. Can’t wait to see it in another two years man.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket, @b1lf. Was this your primary jacket over that two-year period? How often did you wear it to break it in?

I tired to click on your photos for enlargements but only got this:

View attachment 163961

Oh my bad, I switched them all to public. Let me know if they are still locked and I'll edit the post on this end as well.

This was my ONLY leather jacket, I sold/got rid of the rest of them. This being LA, I get use out of it ~6-8 months of the year. I was worried the competition weight would be too heavy... it's not. Peak summer around here and you're certainly not wearing any jacket, even a lightweight cotton one.

I really didn't keep track of how many wears I have on this thing. When it's 'cold,' I'm usually wearing it. Your blood thins out when you live in a warm climate so 'cold' around here is different than other parts of the country.

The break in is not that bad for me personally; I appreciate the break in process - I'm extremely well versed in raw, selvedge denim. I have owned many pairs including: Momotaro, ONI, Gustin, Rogue Territory, 3sixteen, Levi's selvedge, Pure Blue Japan, Naked & Famous, and Iron Heart, to name a few. For those who are familiar with raw denim - it can be a b**** to break in. But that makes you love them that much more when they are, right? And not only that... but I feel that stubborn, though break in materials mold to your body better. If you think about it, it makes sense.

Same as my allegiance to no particular denim manufacturer exists, as you can see from my above brands I've owned, I really am not sitting here with blinders on for the other leather jacket manufacturers either. There's a brand or two out there that will probably take my hard earned dollars in the next few years. Aero perhaps?

I mentioned it a few posts back but I gained some weight recently.. and just purchased another leather jacket that should fit that tiny bit looser I need it to. When I drop back down in weight and I travel to somewhere super cold, I can layer underneath it. Who did I pick for that second jacket in 2+ years? Vanson.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy