Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model E W/Belt - "44"

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
This one is painful. I love the leather this jacket is made with, and even the quilted lining just sits right onto you and keeps you just that extra touch warm. Which is nice, as the only way I can zip this lovely masterpiece up is wearing a tee shirt. It's as perfectly broken in as I have ever seen old-school Vanson Competition Weight. It's just too small for me. Wears like a 42, even though tagged a "44." Sleeves are also borderline too short.

Feature include Lenzip main zipper & Talon all rest of zips. A really Cool belt, extra snaps to hold it in place, snaps are there for a fur collar (missing) and warm lining. All pockets intact, lining is not ripped, or torn, no seams coming apart, all stitching top-notch and stable. Leather lined gun pocket is present & accounted for. Just a tiny bit of wear into the leather itself around the back of the neck inside the collar. Two pin-holes in upper lapels next to the collar.

Full disclosure - it does have a noticeable "tobacco" odor. I believe the prior owner was a pipe smoker. It does not "reek", but with the jacket on you certainly notice it. This may dissipate with time and wearing.

Asking $365 Shipped CONUS - Pay Pal only please...

Dimensions: tag size 44

Pit to Pit - 23.25
Shoulder - 18"
Waist (laces fully let out) - 20.75"
Back - 25"
Sleeve - 24.5

Photos -
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG
DSC_0112.JPG DSC_0106.JPG DSC_0105.JPG DSC_0104.JPG DSC_0103.JPG DSC_0102.JPG
DSC_0101.JPG

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Tony this one is made for you....just my opinion of course! :)
Happy to ship it over East to you there.

---------------
Updated photo of "pin holes." they require inspection to see them.
There are actually three areas and these are highlighted in the photo below...
1699468203431.png

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
That hide is something. Glad it's a little small for me. Seems like most E's fit a bit on the smaller side?

That is what is so strange here. Earlier this year I had a little older "E" that was stated "46" and only actually a 24" pit to pit, but it fit significantly large on me, more like a size 48 or so. It also had 20" shoulders instead of 18" so, I guess that's part of it.

Here is the quite large "46" one I sold off a while back, the leather was much firmer, and not soft like this "44" at all.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vanson-model-e-46-xl-early-80s.110680/#post-3031261

Schambach

Practically Family
That is what is so strange here. Earlier this year I had a little older "E" that was stated "46" and only actually a 24" pit to pit, but it fit significantly large on me, more like a size 48 or so. It also had 20" shoulders instead of 18" so, I guess that's part of it.

Here is the quite large "46" one I sold off a while back, the leather was much firmer, and not soft like this "44" at all.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vanson-model-e-46-xl-early-80s.110680/#post-3031261
Right, I remember that 46, I considered it, but thought it was probably too big for me as well.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I'll be out of town till Thursday night this week, so if interested, please plan to contact me after that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner