Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Those ads are gorgeous. I love old advertising campaigns, especially commericals. On my local PBS station on Saturday nights they show Red Skelton with the commercials intact. It's wonderful.

Sorry for going off topic.;)

L_H

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol lol those ads are hilarious! Looks more like a guys fantasy than a girls...I know that when I'm at a beach, my only agenda is to do some serious relaxing with a good book :)

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Well, having just been to the beach yesterday...I can assure you there were no Jantzen photo ops! There were lots of high school/college age guys throwing around a football, flexing their chests, but there were no girls in their midst... ha ha ha ha

And it was a little COLD!!!! But fun! I'm like you, MysteryGal--usually I like a good book, or some good conversation. I got both this time, as my friend brought a new Knitting book with her. We decided knitting on the beach would be a bit dicey, but drooling over new patterns worked just as well. And there were those young guys with their football lol

Johnny Eager

New in Town
More Color Photos

Hello... I finally Joined this great site. I saw those great images and just wanted to mention that I included many wonderful color swimsuits photos in my Sunkissed book.. published in 2003. If you ever get a chance take a look at it. I think there are some gals on here that have it already. I used original color photos of the fabrics and prints (To use as background for the pages)but the publisher changed the colors sadly enough. The most fascinating point I tried to present in the book is that the earliest Two Piece bathing suit I found a photo of was from 1934. Glad to see those brilliant fashions for the Sun comming back!!!!!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Johnny Eager said:
Hello... I finally Joined this great site. I saw those great images and just wanted to mention that I included many wonderful color swimsuits photos in my Sunkissed book.. published in 2003. If you ever get a chance take a look at it. I think there are some gals on here that have it already. I used original color photos of the fabrics and prints (To use as background for the pages)but the publisher changed the colors sadly enough. The most fascinating point I tried to present in the book is that the earliest Two Piece bathing suit I found a photo of was from 1934. Glad to see those brilliant fashions for the Sun comming back!!!!!

It is part of my library. Nice book.....and welcome to The Fedora Lounge.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Just how warm is it in SC? We've had a couple of beautiful sunny days, but the dark gray skies are back :(
That's one (of the many) things I love about the older style bathing suits is the colors...their pretty bold. The fashion these days is muted.

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
mysterygal said:
Just how warm is it in SC? We've had a couple of beautiful sunny days, but the dark gray skies are back :(

It's 80 degrees, the skies are a lovely shade of blue and the sunlight is extremely bright. But you won't envy us later this summer when we're dodging hurricanes, mosquitoes and fire ants. lol

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
CWetherby said:
It's 80 degrees, the skies are a lovely shade of blue and the sunlight is extremely bright. But you won't envy us later this summer when we're dodging hurricanes, mosquitoes and fire ants. lol
we've got plenty of mosquitos around here too, but yeah, definetely don't envy you on the hurricanes and fire ants....btw: isn't fire ants the type that bite?

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
mysterygal said:
.btw: isn't fire ants the type that bite?

They don't just bite, they plot against us and carry out mass attacks. They are also suspected in the untimely demise of both a hydrangea and an azalea in my yard. Nasty little buggers, those fire ants. :rage:

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know of a source where I could buy this outfit for my wife...?

It's stunning.

jantzen49.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy