Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Borsalino (7 7/8)64cm

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Large size vintage Borsalino in size marked punti 8 1/2. Measures 8 1/2 x 6 3/4. Brim is 2 1/2.
Nice color on this one and the fur felt has a gentle broken in feel to it. Worn but not abused.
Un reeded sweat is solid. Liner is stitched in place with light soiling. No odors . No mothing. Ribbons are in excellent shape. Great old borso in very good condition .
Asking 235. Plus shipping

Last edited:

casechopper

That marking might be a 7 1/2. Many countries cross their 7's and that looks like it could be a crossed 7 where the writer didn't lift their hand when going for the cross. The sizing is closer to that than a 8 1/2.

bond

You are correct about size Tom . That's what hat is marked as . May have shrunk up a little bit but go by the measurement I have given as being more accurate way of knowing if this hat will fit .
Thanks

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. Another swell hat being offered by a swell guy! Big hat for all you large size people sort of a rare deal to find something big and nice!

bond

I leave the more experienced date estimators answer that one.
It is newer obviously as indicated by sticker . Felt is nice though.
Thanks for the qs

frussell

One Too Many
You had me counting my couch change until the 23 3/4. That's not 7 7/8, closer to a 7 1/2, if that's the actual circumference. Too bad for me, good news for others. Frank.

bond

I would have to say it is definitely not a 7 1/2. It is larger fitting I wear a 23 1/4 and Iam swimming in it. I think its safe to say the leather shrunk a size or two from wear and age. Ill re measure but my hunch is it would be a good fit for a 5/8+ size.

About 5 years ago I drove to Delmonico Hatters in New Haven, a little over four hours, round trip. NOT ONE of the Borsa's I tried on were true to size. Even the ones labeled 64 cm were TOO SMALL. I measure at about a 63+. Although he acknowledged that the Borsa'a ran "scant," Mr. Delmonico was dumbfounded, and I drove home hatless. What's up with that aspect of their manufacturing? Then, this hat's been around (shrinking) for a few years! Measure at least trice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn