Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage California Sportswear Police Jacket + Detachable Mouton Collar- Mint Condition - Size 44

tommy200821

New in Town
Alright, alright, alright folks - first time offloading a jacket on FDL, but she's a beauty coming by way of the man, the myth, the legends himself - Terry Mitchell.

Mint condition 1950's Californian Police Jacket. Size 44. Comes with detachable Mouton Collar.

I paid $850 + Shipping for the jacket, so I'd like to get that back in return (not trying to make a profit, just want to cover what I paid). Ships from New York.

I bought this from Terry back in the Fall of 2023, but I am deciding to part with it because it's just a tad shorter than my liking and I'd rather it find a good home where it can get lots of wear. I haven't worn it outside the house and it has been stored carefully/properly.

Fit Video

Jacket + Sizing Photos:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...&key=eldnUDE5V1pkejJYQWtZMmh1cnpZWHhxTXlXU0pn

P2P: 23"
Shoulder: 19"
Arm (around curve): 26
Arm (straight down): 24.5
Length: 24.5

No low-ball offers, please!

Feel free to PM me!

Tommy

eyewildshot

A-List Customer
Super rare in this condition.
it would be even nicer if the belt loops were still there.
What a cool old dad Terry is!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Mint condition

I haven’t, but shouldn’t be too hard it’s just a pull.

It's a nice jacket but I wouldn't say it's in mint condition. Not only is the zipper missing its pull (which on its own would indeed be easy to replace), it's also missing a tooth. Which essentially means the jacket needs a full zip replacement. The jacket is also missing the belt loops.

tommy200821

New in Town
Confirming the jacket does NOT need a zipper replacement - as expected, the tailor popped a new zip pull on the jacket and it works great (see pic).

The tailor didn't have any brass zips available, so I just took this zip pull (in the pic) for the interim. It can easily be replaced with a YKK ($9) or a Talon ($25) or any other brass zipper ($2). The size of the zip pull is a 10.

Appreciate the comments.

T

Attachments

• California Sportswear Zipper Pic.jpg
    California Sportswear Zipper Pic.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 65

AHP91

Practically Family
This jacket is beautiful, if you choose to sell it on eBay it'll most likely sell quite quickly even accounting for transaction fees

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner