Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage caps

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
IMG_0697_zps56c15264.jpg

^^In a small country cemetery near where I grew up is the grave of a 16 yr old Gypsy Princess with an oblesk marker. I researched it once to learn that she was royalty & had died unexpectedly back when the gypsies were Travelers. For many yrs after that the gypsies would stop & tend to her grave twice a yr when they traveled thru. Fascinating stuff!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
^^In a small country cemetery near where I grew up is the grave of a 16 yr old Gypsy Princess with an oblesk marker. I researched it once to learn that she was royalty & had died unexpectedly back when the gypsies were Travelers. For many yrs after that the gypsies would stop & tend to her grave twice a yr when they traveled thru. Fascinating stuff!
It is fascinating stuff! I love it.

I was looking at that, too. What a cool antique it'd make now.
I had one that I found underneath my grandparents house when the passed. I brought it home but it had stood in some water at one time & the legs were rotten. It was painted so I took a knife & scraped some paint off to see the wood underneath. It was not oak. I kept it around for a few yrs figuring I would cut the legs off so it would set on the floor, but ended up selling it in a garage sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy