Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Up close in person it looks olive drab. Or, as we used to say, "baby poop green."

harley.jpg

[video]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CDcQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.militarymodelling.com%2Fnews% 2Farticle%2Folive-drab%2F4536%2F&ei=icIvVYmZDY_5yQSejIHYDQ&usg=AFQjCNEZZZdte1OGJ8cAqKkj0v4Jou-oVA&sig2=JwXH0s7mSiHJZUDnXuNzXQ&bvm=bv.91071109,d.aWw[/video]

Talbot

One Too Many
"OK, JP, maybe were talking different levels awesomeness here.

Stink clouds for the radical crowd. Flames for those that need extremes

Sounds like a differentiation strategy we can sell in the boardoom. Another martini before we wrap up the meeting?"

I don't know. Should I? Should I not? I wander back this way, the discussion of disgusting greens is continuing.
Many years ago, when I was but a kid getting into the Antique Automobile and Horseless Carriage hobby, there was a nice man that had been in the Horseless Carriage Club for a long time. He had a 1915 Model T Ford runabout which should really have been Ford all black. But it wasn't. And I am sorry, I only met him a few times, and he did seem like a wonderful person. But sadly, there was only one best way to describe the car. And if you said this, anyone that knew the car, knew which car you were referring to. It was squished caterpillar green. Enough said.

I actually like green on a lot of early cars. Nice Brewster greens.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Bought a car today, a 1942 Chevrolet Special Deluxe sedan. Needs a lot of work but is complete and runs.

Attachments

• 42 Chev 4.JPG
    42 Chev 4.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 145

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Can take some tomorrow.

I have an old Kodak digital and it drives me nuts because every time I go to download a new photo to my computer it will only download ALL 150 PICTURES off the camera or whatever is on there, even though I have downloaded the same pics a dozen times already. And, they are all in order so I have to download and delete ALL of them before I get to the last one (the only new one).

Is there any way to get around this?

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Very sharp. And a great color, too!

Ha ha terrible picture and terrible colors! Car was originally Sport Beige (a tan color) but was repainted dark blue at some point. Later, someone went to work and painted the front fenders with light blue house paint.

I would like to paint it Sport Beige with Scout Brown (chestnut) top. This was an available combination in 1942.

It does not show in the pics but it is a Special Deluxe model with more chrome on it than I have ever seen on a 40s Chev. The chrome was painted over with aluminum paint, I hope that preserved it and that I can strip the paint and polish it up. It was not a blackout model.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
On the good side the car is very sold and free of the rust that kills so many old cars in the northeast. And the engine runs great with no raps or knocks. At least it ran for a minute today, then quit so I will have to do a little diagnosis tomorrow.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I took my granddaughter to her baseball practice this afternoon in the old '48 Plymouth. There's something special about watching a ballgame across the hood of a car like this. Oh yeah, all my granddaughter's little teammates were like, "what a cool car, Mackenna." She just smiled and said, "I know."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24