Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Checked Sport Coat For Sale

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I -- LOVE -- THIS -- COAT...

...but it's too roomy on me. :mad:

I did find a tailor in my area who is confident about taking a few of these in for me but I'm going to offer them here first to someone who may be the wearer they were intended for. If no soap, I'll take it as a sign... ;)

$65.00 to the TFL crowd, shipped in the 'States.

Three-button, lapels roll nicely to the second. Wonderful 'root beer and bronze' color scheme in Cashmere. Substantial but lightweight enough for Spring or Fall wear. Unsure of age but feels to me like the quality of a bygone era. Great lining job too in the body and the sleeves. No flaws.

{You may notice some slightly dark areas on the garment - this was due to me hitting it lightly with steam to drop a couple creases out of it. I couldn't see the dampening by eye but the camera picked up on it. It dried out, of course, and there is no unevenness in the pattern.}

Size 42?
Shoulder to shoulder seam: 19"
Overall length: 33"
Chest: 42"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to cuff): 25"

Link at bottom leads to more photos. :)

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
What, no interest!?

It is cashmere. I also noticed that carldelo has a nice cashmere jacket listed and it hasn't gotten any action either. [huh]

If some of you more learned vintage clothes types could shed light, I'd be grateful. Perhaps these kinds of coats are not desirable? If so, I might be stuck with a few, but I'll pass them by the Classifieds from time to time anyway.

Of the few I have, this is the one I would most like to have tailored to fit me, so if it doesn't sell I won't be crestfallen. But since I have listed it I am open to questions, guidance and offers. :)

rtravler

New in Town
Your coat

You have a fabulous coat. If (always an if) it weren't a three button I'd jump. The color and texture are smashing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran