Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage clipart help for business cards

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know of any cute 30's, 40's, 50's hairstyle/beauty parlor pics that are royalty free, ect.. that I can use for business cards?

I've burned my eyes out looking on the net. Googled everything I can think of. There are a few free ones, but you have to buy the cd, and I'm not crazy about the art work.

There's an Elvgren pinup redhead sitting at a vanity holding a pair of scissors to her hair. I ADORE this and would like to find something similar.
Thanks for any advice or info!
Nikki

dundeedavie

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
Does anyone know of any cute 30's, 40's, 50's hairstyle/beauty parlor pics that are royalty free, ect.. that I can use for business cards?

I've burned my eyes out looking on the net. Googled everything I can think of. There are a few free ones, but you have to buy the cd, and I'm not crazy about the art work.

There's an Elvgren pinup redhead sitting at a vanity holding a pair of scissors to her hair. I ADORE this and would like to find something similar.
Nikki

if your avatar is a picture of yourself then why not have someone photograph you and use the image , or even photoshop it and stylise it more so it isn't blatantly a picture of you ?

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
ohairas said:

Nikki

If you find any please pass them on to me, i spent days looking the net for something like that when i was designing my business cards, it was a mess i did fine one guy that does them custome made but the cool thing is he does them in shapes he will give you sampes for free i found something else i liked more but he did send me a sample of one that was business card size but it was cut out like a little pink blow dryer, maybe you could use something like that. you may also want to look into www.gotprit.com there cards are really cheap but the quality is great!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you everyone!!
Jonny, that link had some stuff I had not seen, yea!! What do you think of this one?
http://www.retroclipart.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=941

Dundee, I had thought of using this image of myself before, but just felt weird. I don't know how to make it look more "cartoony", and not me, lol...
2158992802_349637fd00.jpg

Rooster, I had seen a little pink dryer too and was starting to lean that way.
So frustrating!
Nikki

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Great photo, Nikki. There's a LOT that can be done with Photoshop...especially by someone who understands how to use the filter palette much better than I do. Here's a meager example...

ohairas_rev.jpg

Jonny's Angel

New in Town
I am a bit of a photoshopper, so I thought I'd try something out. Here's the rework of your picture. I though it looked like a painting, rather than just a picture (you said cartoon-I guess on the same lines)

maybe it might be ok, I'm not sure.
ohairarework.jpg

I had to guess with colours and skin tones, and it took me ages to get it just right. Hope you like it :)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Thank you everyone!!
Jonny, that link had some stuff I had not seen, yea!! What do you think of this one?
http://www.retroclipart.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=941

Dundee, I had thought of using this image of myself before, but just felt weird. I don't know how to make it look more "cartoony", and not me, lol...
2158992802_349637fd00.jpg

Rooster, I had seen a little pink dryer too and was starting to lean that way.
So frustrating!
Nikki

Why don't you hire someone to draw the image. Say, Mr. Stovall of the Flounge. Right up his alley, I'd guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy