Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage country downloads?

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
For those of us who grew up in the country, or I know I can say for me, we'd love to find some early country downloads of vintage Grand Ol Opry and Western Swing (Bob Wills) shows.

Anybody know where to get some? I'd love to drive out in my '48 Ford F100 to the lake to fish, and listen to vintage Opry on my Crosley Traveler repro I had modified to plug in my MP3.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Shows, I'm not sure, but I've found a fair amount of old Hank and Bob Wills through Soulseek. It's good for finding more obscure stuff, though sometimes it takes awhile to come up with it.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
Opry programs are still tightly controlled by copyright, so you'll not likely find them for free downloads.

Unless someone has purchased them on CD and ripped them to their mp3 collection. It may not be a legal download, but it is a free one.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
True, which is I remind folks to be very discreet about discussing such things in an open forum -- no sense in riling up the rapacious RIAA lawyers.

Well there's nothing illegal about discussing it, and how each individual acts on this information is their personal responsibility. Somehow I don't think RIAA lawyers are trolling the FL :eek:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Discussion is fine, but Lounge policy requires that we be careful. Just reminding everyone before any direct download links get posted and I have to go in and delete them.

As for RIAA lawyers, well, one never knows. The best way to avoid getting their attention is to avoid anything that gets their attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran