Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Dresses (40s and 50s) and one Christmas Hostess Apron

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am still cleaning out. I apologize to those women who have already ordered things from me, but I wasn't really planning to part with any more of my dresses. However I have steeled myself and am going to part with these beauties. Again, offers accepted. I will get measurements up ASAP, feel free to PM or ask in the thread as well.

Again, all available items are in this Picasa album: http://picasaweb.google.com/hjcanning/TheMoveItemsForSale#

SOLD
50's sailor dress. Marked a vintage 14. 26" waist, wrap style so pretty free in the bust, I'd go max 38. I have always worn it with the buttons in front but I think that is actually backwards and the buttons are supposed to be in the back! Well, that just means it's versatile, right?
IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

Navy Polka Dot Sheath. 38"B 28"W 40"H. Buttons up the back and has a metal zip below the waist (where the buttons end). Has some ripping at the front dart seam, see pic. It's the one I'm wearing in my avatar, but it's too small across some part or other and I rip out the darts if I gesture too much. And I do that a lot. ;)
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0996.JPG

Rip
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_0997.JPG

Other side for reference, not ripped.
IMG_0999.JPG

Here I am in it at the NYC's Maritime Hotel:
maritime.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

SALE PENDING
Amazing 40s rayon floral dress with peplum. Metal Side zip. Needs a lot of minor repairs, a sleeve needs to be finished, the back v needs to be stitched, and there are minor pin holes here and there. Still very wearable. Matching shoulder pads are detached but will come with the dress.
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG

Attempting to show the gather details at the top.
IMG_1003.JPG

Unfinished sleeve
IMG_1004.JPG

The back
IMG_1005.JPG

Miss_Bella_Hell

SOLD
Another amazing one: 50's harlequin pattern dress with huge flaring skirt. 38" B, 28"W. Looks like a full circle skirt to me, not sure though. Flares out really big when you spin. :) It's really hard to describe the fabric, it's almost the texture of ribbon fabric. Has a black single layer crinoline attached. Amazing!
IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

the back
IMG_1010.JPG

Here I am wearing it to a friend's wedding:
l_66d7dc6ed5664d13aa09bd3d71940488.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i'm interested in the sailor dress and the harlequin dress. Can you post measurements? Also, the polka dot sheath dress - is the fabric itself ripped or just the stitching? it's hard to tell from the photos. Also, measurements on that would be awesome.

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
i'm interested in the sailor dress and the harlequin dress. Can you post measurements? Also, the polka dot sheath dress - is the fabric itself ripped or just the stitching? it's hard to tell from the photos. Also, measurements on that would be awesome.

The fabric is ripped, which is why the darts were put in in the first place. That might not be a prob to fix it. I think the reason it ripped is because my boobs are too big, or my sholders too broad. Measurements forthcoming!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Amazing 40s rayon floral dress with peplum. Metal Side zip. Needs a lot of minor repairs, a sleeve needs to be finished, the back v needs to be stitched, and there are minor pin holes here and there. Still very wearable. Matching shoulder pads are detached but will come with the dress.
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG

want!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
You, in your boxers with a mistletoe hat?

I just need the right slippers.

The apron is very Mad Men. Alas, the intended wearer has better judgement than I. Also? Not an apron kinda chick! lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

scotrace said:
I just need the right slippers.

The apron is very Mad Men. Alas, the intended wearer has better judgement than I. Also? Not an apron kinda chick! lol

It is? I thought Mad Men happened a little later than this apron...but either way if it doesn't sell I'll keep it for Xmas decor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy