Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage eyebrow shapes

~*Red*~

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I definately don't have the patience for that. I think I'd be far too self conscious if i did that too!!!

I never had patience for it either, I always just shaved mine off. But if you want to do it for a special occasion or something like that, sure, it is an ideal way. I've seen it done in that make up book.. for the life of me I can't remember the guy's name... Great make up book, btw. It's been mentioned around here a bunch of time...

Advice

My eyebrows are really dark, like black dark & I sue a black eyebrow pencil. I get bored easily & am thinking of dying my hair red, what do I do about the eyebrows?!! Is it acceptable to have black eyebrows with red hair?

This is such a stupid question because it’s not something I ever thought of before, even though my hair has been a whole rainbow of colours, the eyebrows stay black.

Just wondered what the done thing is! Leave the hair black?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I have dark brown brows....and thats the color they stay through various shades of red on my head.

my natural hair color (not that I have seen it recently!) would be even lighter then any of the reds I use, so that would be dark brows and reddish blond hair.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Shaving them was easy, I already shaved them (and still do) to get them the proper shape I want. Plucking and waxing is not an option for me. There is no such thing as a fine hair on my body. This is much easier, although I do have to keep on top of it. But I've been doing it for about 13 years now, so it's like brushing your teeth to me.

Anyways, one day, i shaved a little of the end off by accident and I thought, well crap, I already draw in most of my brow anyways, may as well go with a clan slate! and there you go. I shaved them off, which I immediately thought, s*#* !! What did I do? But then I just lined up my corners, and drew them in, and I found I really liked being able to control daily what my eyebrow shapes were going to be. Of course, I was skinny and didn't have such a moon face then, and they looked really good. Now I can't do it, and I grew them back.

As for changing brow colors, I personally can't stand black brows with red hair, (on myself) so I dye my brows when I dye my hair. I have auburn eyebrow powder and wax, from both Benefit and Smashbox. ( I prefer the Smashbox) But I always use eyebrow fillers regardless. I like a very defined eyebrow. When I'm dark brown like I am now, I use Benefit's Eyebrow wax in the dark brown (i like the older versions, you can sometimes find them on ebay) annd when I go darker than I am now, I have the "Ultra" color, which is a straight black eyebrow wax. Incredibly hard to find. The other brand I like is Bare Escentuals. They have a nice eyebrow powder. I wet the end of the brush, make a little paste with the color and it goes on as light or dark as you need. It's very nice.

Have fun going red!!! :D

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I have friends who wax their eyebrows off completely. It looks strange, but that's their style. They like being able to change the eyebrows the way they like everyday. Must be strange when they aren't drawn in.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
RetroBabydoll said:
I have friends who wax their eyebrows off completely. It looks strange, but that's their style. They like being able to change the eyebrows the way they like everyday. Must be strange when they aren't drawn in.

Hee hee, it is strange! I remember days I was too lazy to draw in my brows, and I would run to the store for something quick, and people would look at me, and you could tell they could see there was something different, but they just couldn't figure out what it was.. ha ha ha! It was pretty funny. It's as if I walked in with no nose or something.. lol

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
~*Red*~ said:
Hee hee, it is strange! I remember days I was too lazy to draw in my brows, and I would run to the store for something quick, and people would look at me, and you could tell they could see there was something different, but they just couldn't figure out what it was.. ha ha ha! It was pretty funny. It's as if I walked in with no nose or something.. lol

lol lol lol lol lol

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i tried to go red very recently. although i failed to realise that 8 years of black dye would not a good basis make for the red i so desired! so i ended up with red roots. mmmm. and then my eyebrows certainly did not match!

when i finally went to purchase more dye they only had brown so now i have my old brown roots back (again).

suffice to say my eyebrows and roots now match perfectly.

QUESTION THE FIRST!
if you have plucked for years in the wrong shape, how does one go about trying to regrow and reshape without having ghastly icky-poo stubbley eyebrows?

it has been brought to my attention that my eyebrows are slightly off kilter so that i look like i've got my eyebrow raised in a kind of james bond fashion. annoying, but comedy gold, non the less. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo