Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Food Packaging

Warden

One Too Many
Lyle's Golden Syrup has been named as Britain's oldest brand, with its green and gold packaging having remained almost unchanged since 1885.

I know this is older than the 'golden age' but this news story got me wondering what food products have the same packaging as they did 70 (or older) years ago?

See BBC news story by clicking here

_42139158_syrup_203jpg.jpg

Have a good weekend

Harry

Warden

One Too Many
Thanks for the info on the website, I just love the 'heros of weekabix' like Jean Batten.

Batten.jpg

Warden D

TOTTIE

One of the Regulars
how funny, I'm making a programme about this right now! These are pretty British brands but: Marmite (same packaging since the 1920s - and I have an original jar to prove it), Perrier (same packaging since 1900s)... Euthymol toothpaste... lots of others.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Cracker Barrell

Cracker Barrell sells candies that are wrapped in vintage packaging. They have contracts with different candy companies to supply them with vintagy items. Hershey bars in the 30s style packaging and diffierent chewing gums from the 30s as well. One of my favorite places to go.

Gray Ghost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo